Yesterdays away tickets didnt sell out!

you were sold burnley tickets mate, i suppose they had to say something to save face after giving us far too few and then not being able to sell them themselves.

cleavers said:
If they did come from City, and there's no reason to disbelieve the Burnley staff, its likely they were tickets allocated to players/officials friends and family.

Our ticket office get some stick (rightly so on occasions), but there would be no point them telling everyone they were sold out if they weren't. If players/officials didn't take them, then its quite possible City wouldn't know until Saturday, too late to let supporters know.
I could understand that being the case but when I put my name on the waiting list they took my mobile number. Wouldn't take a minute to make a call and ask if I still wanted to go. I could have got to Burnley and picked up the tickets there.

Prestwich_Blue said:
cleavers said:
If they did come from City, and there's no reason to disbelieve the Burnley staff, its likely they were tickets allocated to players/officials friends and family.

Our ticket office get some stick (rightly so on occasions), but there would be no point them telling everyone they were sold out if they weren't. If players/officials didn't take them, then its quite possible City wouldn't know until Saturday, too late to let supporters know.
I could understand that being the case but when I put my name on the waiting list they took my mobile number. Wouldn't take a minute to make a call and ask if I still wanted to go. I could have got to Burnley and picked up the tickets there.
there were no tickets to give out, i suppose you could have contacted burnley like the op, city though had none to give.

Out of interest De Niro how come you know for sure or are you just guessing? I can only go off what Burnley had told me yesterday. I was only passing on the info.

not my fault! said:
Thats when the woman (Elaine, ticket office manager at Burnley) said to let any other City fans wanting City end tickets know that she had "loads" available.

We had a whole row empty in front of us - it was the same in several places. As Burnley get the money from the sales (unless they were some that City decided to take and had already paid for), you'd wonder they didn't think to have a pay-gate (as Birmingham did earlier this season).

Update:

Just got off the phone to Danny at City and he has explianed that the club did not send any tickets back. He has spoken to Burnley who deny saying it (although they fecking well did, and swaped my tickets for me, liars!) but what ya going to do eh? Anyway, at least the club took the time to ring and explain and even speak to the other club about the issue. Just thought in fairness I would update the thread as the club get enough bad press when it comes to the ticket office. As I said in my op the intention was not to slag off the club or anything like that but to point out you can get tickets on the day of the match from the away ticket office as I have found to be the case twice this season.

not my fault! said:
Update:

Just got off the phone to Danny at City and he has explianed that the club did not send any tickets back. He has spoken to Burnley who deny saying it (although they fecking well did, and swaped my tickets for me, liars!) but what ya going to do eh? Anyway, at least the club took the time to ring and explain and even speak to the other club about the issue. Just thought in fairness I would update the thread as the club get enough bad press when it comes to the ticket office. As I said in my op the intention was not to slag off the club or anything like that but to point out you can get tickets on the day of the match from the away ticket office as I have found to be the case twice this season.
Cheers for the update it apreciated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.