Yet another Ebay query

Tuearts right boot

Halfway up a mountain,bumfuck nowhere,Snowdonia.
Just recently, a few months ago, ebay have announced to me they they are no longer accepting Paypal and I need to update my account, bank details etc etc. I didn't do it just see and all was OK, now I've received another email asking/telling the same again. Now they are saying I will no longer be able to use their service, selling, buying etc. Am I smelling a rat here or is this kosher.

it's only when you're selling, payments now will be transfered direct to your nominated bank account, instead of PayPal.
When you're buying you can still use PayPal to pay for items.

it's only when you're selling, payments now will be transfered direct to your nominated bank account, instead of PayPal.
When you're buying you can still use PayPal to pay for items.
I'm confused. If, for example I buy something from the OP, I can use PayPal to buy it but the transaction stops halfway and changes to another merchant platform as @Tuearts right boot can't use PayPal.
Weird.

I'm confused. If, for example I buy something from the OP, I can use PayPal to buy it but the transaction stops halfway and changes to another merchant platform as @Tuearts right boot can't use PayPal.
Weird.
That was one of my thoughts...it doesn't seem to add up if one can pay but the other can't receive !!!!

I had heard that payments via ebay can take up to 3 days whereas Paypal is instant

When you sell something, ebay send your payment to PayPal, you then have to pay a 2.4% charge to PayPal for them to transfer your funds to your bank account.
eBay has has cut out that 2.4% charge by paying you directly to your chosen bank.
eBay have also made it possible for you to pay via debit & credit card, so if you don't want to use PayPal, you don't have to.

When you sell something, ebay send your payment to PayPal, you then have to pay a 2.4% charge to PayPal for them to transfer your funds to your bank account.
eBay has has cut out that 2.4% charge by paying you directly to your chosen bank.
eBay have also made it possible for you to pay via debit & credit card, so if you don't want to use PayPal, you don't have to.
According to money supermarket,

ebay charge as well, just not quite as much and it's hidden in their commissions, and....you could also pay via card the old way if you wished, it gave you the option on the payment page.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.