Yoga/Pilates.

another generation said:
Did a week of Bikram yoga in the summer, then have been practising it regularly since I moved back here at the beginning of October. No more back problems! Can't recommend it high enough. I'm currently on day 87 of a 100-day challenge, I'm that mad for it. If you can manage at least two sessions a week, preferably 3-4, then you will really feel the benefits.

Just booked my first sesh on friday at 1pm,cheers mate.<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:57 pm --<br /><br />
cibaman said:
Started doing pilates twice a week a couple of months ago. I'm 58 and reasonably fit for my age but started getting backache after longish drives and occasionally felt like I had the suppleness of a much older man when I got out of bed in the morning.

Its working well for me so far. Feel much looser, can drive for longer periods.

This is deffo me mate only it feels like that everyday... Can't wait to get going now, i just need to sort me Shoulder area out now:/

buzzer1 said:
Does anybody on here do Yoga/Pilates and what have been the pro's and cons?
yoga

keeps you in shape ol` dog. very good at maintaining your flexibility....helps release toxins within the body. great for the mind.....felt different types of natural highs leaving each class.

highly recommended....

des hardi said:
buzzer1 said:
Does anybody on here do Yoga/Pilates and what have been the pro's and cons?
yoga

keeps you in shape ol` dog. very good at maintaining your flexibility....helps release toxins within the body. great for the mind.....felt different types of natural highs leaving each class.

highly recommended....

Nice one des, it will be difficult as i have done fuk all really for around 12month, i picture it as being really painful when you get started but as they say, no pain... Am looking forward and there hasn't been a bad bit of feedback from anyone that has taken it up... Can't wait.

I looked into going to a Yoga class but shit it when the instructor said it was a class of 12, all women .

I've been told I could do with going to pilaties would be good for my disc issues but I don't think I could concentrate with a class full of women being put into all different positions and don't want to be the only guy there

buzzer1 said:
another generation said:
Did a week of Bikram yoga in the summer, then have been practising it regularly since I moved back here at the beginning of October.
Just booked my first sesh on friday at 1pm,cheers mate.
Good luck! Your main aim is to stay in the hot room for the whole session. The trick is to keep your mouth closed and keep your breathing calm through the nose. Do what you can, rather than trying to imitate the more advanced students. Always better to give all you can in half a posture, rather than to do the whole posture wrong. And when they talk about locking the knee, it's really that you need to tighten your quads, to lift the kneecap. Don't just shove your knee back or you'll hyperextend it. Enjoy!

Starting 1-2-1 pilates this week at £40 a go. Seen an osteopath 3 times for my back and after manipulating me 3 times he has referred me. It will stretch "everything" and build core muscles. The practitioner is a qualified Physiotherapist so I feel happy about that. I don't think there is an easy fix and expect to be given exercises to do at home. She also advertises "pilates for golfers" and guarantees longer drives without pain. I will let you know what happens. I believe it is nothing like yoga and the 1-2-1- thing is essential for me to get the individual help. I have already spent £150 on osteopaths.

bananamilksheikh said:
Starting 1-2-1 pilates this week at £40 a go. Seen an osteopath 3 times for my back and after manipulating me 3 times he has referred me. It will stretch "everything" and build core muscles. The practitioner is a qualified Physiotherapist so I feel happy about that. I don't think there is an easy fix and expect to be given exercises to do at home. She also advertises "pilates for golfers" and guarantees longer drives without pain. I will let you know what happens. I believe it is nothing like yoga and the 1-2-1- thing is essential for me to get the individual help. I have already spent £150 on osteopaths.

Goodluck mate your practitioner seems to know the craic... Some great advice and thanks to all.

well if you feel unfit.... best go with baggy cotton tracksuit bottom, socks and a loose top as like me you may sweat a lot. it s just a series of poses/stretches which will make you feel great afterwards. it will be like a very mild workout of some sorts.... but go i think you ll enjoy it.

sky tot said:
I looked into going to a Yoga class but shit it when the instructor said it was a class of 12, all women .

poor you .... i know the feeling as one of the classes was full of ogling women. i felt sooo cheap. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.