Yoga/Pilates.

They do it for free at my gym, and it's belting. Not only are the classes mainly fit women in lyrca, it does sort by back out no problem.

If ever my backs hurting, I just do a few yoga moves and it feels much better.

2 years, twice a week at a class, 2 times a week at home, changed my whole perspective on life, the positivity it breeds is second to none and I'm ripped to death, did I mention I was ripped to death?

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
2 years, twice a week at a class, 2 times a week at home, changed my whole perspective on life, the positivity it breeds is second to none and I'm ripped to death, did I mention I was ripped to death?
What is it you do , Yoga or Pilates ?

Ok I have calmed down now.

My 1-2-1- session yesterday: here goes….

duration: one hour

cost £40

teacher: qualified physiotherapist and pilates expert (works for NHS & private)

first 15 minutes: form filling and explaining my problem etc

she diagnosed my problem immediately and expressed her relief that that problem had not moved down to my legs i.e. sciatica.

she said years of bad posture and neglecting exercising certain muscle groups has led to this problem (lower back) She said it was extremely common and easily solvable without surgery and osteopaths "clicks" etc

I now have 5 basic exercises to do; 3 times a day at home. All relate to strengthening the core muscles. The best way I can describe it is….. if you need a piss…stop yourself having one; then hold and stretch this feeling.

This basic muscle work-out stretches things up and down; round and round and side to side.

Lesson 2 will cover posture.

If you live in the SK6 area I can recommend her and she is well fit!!

Been doing yoga/Pilates for a few months and absolutely love it, obviously it’s good for the body but it’s the mental health side of things that i feel most beneficial
Done a few hot yoga sessions with a 15 min sound bath at end , amazing sensation feeling the sound waves through your body

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.