You'll never walk alone

Just decided to give this a listen on YouTube.

Fuck me, talk about a song for the truly needy lonely cunts of this world to shed a tear to.

Sling it!

Will never actively listen to this song ever again.

I have an indomitable spirit, I don’t need some singer to tell me I can hold my head high and I’ll never walk alone.

It’s almost laughable!

Pisses me right off when the totally impartial BBC turn up the effect's mic's at the Dippers when they sing this during the build up to their games. They probably even have a audio feed from their PA into the mixing desk so they can convey that 'special' Klanfield atmosphere that we get rammed down our throats.

Everyone sang it back in the 70's holding up their scarves, then there was a second version which was slightly more upbeat

On a slightly different note could anyone tell me why everyone hated Nottingham Forest and who did they hate when they sang that song?
Havent heard that sung in years! Didnt Leicester get a bit of hate as well in that one?

Just decided to give this a listen on YouTube.

Fuck me, talk about a song for the truly needy lonely cunts of this world to shed a tear to.

Sling it!

Will never actively listen to this song ever again.

I have an indomitable spirit, I don’t need some singer to tell me I can hold my head high and I’ll never walk alone.

It’s almost laughable!

Did you watch the original version from the musical? When her husband dies and she is being consoled?

In it's original context it has meaning, as a football chant maybe not

And yes I blame my mother and her love of rogers and hammerstien musicals for my vast knowledge on them

Last edited:
Havent heard that sung in years! Didnt Leicester get a bit of hate as well in that one?
Yes
We hate Nottingham Forest
We hate Liverpool too - and Leicester!
We hate Man United
But City we love you (all together now)

The "and Leicester" bit an added shout to fill in the gap between lines

I remember when it was sung at Forest, as soon as the first line ended, the Trent End chanted
"And Nottingham boys will see you outside"

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.