You'll never walk alone

I never knew that! Go on...
United claim it was sung at the first game after Munich in 1958. It fits with timelines but no hard evidence. We all used to sing it anyway. By the late 60s it was associated with trophy success and we have evidence of City fans singing it at the 1969 & 1976 homecomings (never mind our own memories). Over the years LFC started winning more than most and so we all gradually dropped it and left it to them, creating our own abusive versions instead.

I do remember circa 1984 being stood in chanters corner of the Kippax and it still used to be sung but then often you'd get fans chanting 'Dirty Scouse Song' and they'd drown it out.

In the film, Carousel if I remember correctly, I love it so when I’m at Anfield I can feel the urge to singalong (I don’t never fret) so that lot have spoilt one of my favourite songs!!!! (Just picture the angry face)

@Gary James I was at OT for the first match after Munich and I don’t remember it being sung. I know I have a faulty memory these days but not so much about the ‘olden’ days!

I was also at the last match before Munich! It was the norm then, whichever Manchester team were at home that was the match we went to! I’ve even walked from Eccles to Maine Road (only a couple of times though) when I only had enough money for a ticket and one bus fare! (Get out the violins!!!!!!*lol*)

You'll never walk alone in Liverpool why ?

because somebody will be in your pockets before you can turn around

Did you watch the original version from the musical? When her husband dies and she is being consoled?

In it's original context it has meaning, as a football chant maybe not

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Sniff.. How can you but fail to moved after that ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.