Young Boys (A) - Wed 25th Oct, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Athletic article

Ive been curious about the pitch discussion as here in the US there has been a lot of discussion about it in the NFL lately (most fields are artificial turf).
The Athletic article I linked above does discuss how artificial turf has gotten a lot better and it’s not necessarily that it’s a harder or worse surface, it’s that it’s the change in surface type that makes it difficult for players. eg, if you’re always use to landing on grass, artificial turf can be a complication and vice versa. Anyway, that may be obvious to everyone else.

Also, as I posted yesterday, for CL games, artificial turf has to meet different regulations that other types of games. Hoping that makes it less concerning injury wise.

Biggest game is at the weekend, considering the state of the pitch i wouldn't fuck about too much with this game. Some players have to start just given the size of the squad, but i'd go for something like this:

Ederson

Lewis - Dias - Ake - Gomez

Kovacic - Phillips

Bobb - Nunes - Grealish

Foden
Biggest game is the next game. That’s tomorrow night.

We tried the ‘let’s rest a few’ stuff at Newcastle and then lost all our rhythm and form and then lost two PL games in a row.

We haven’t played well since doing that at Newcastle. We need to get some form together before this really difficult run of games and tomorrow night is the ideal way to go about starting it.

Lose tomorrow and then end up having to play full strength teams for the remainder of the CL Group Stage while we’ve also got Chelsea away, Liverpool and Spurs at home, Villa away and then we’ve got to go to Saudi Arabia. Lose tomorrow and it will put us under greater pressure around those games than we need to be in.

Get the game won tomorrow and we qualify, we do that properly with a strong team and everything takes better shape going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see us on this pitch, should suit our accurate quick passing and it will be quick. I played on Oldham's plastic pitch back in the day and it was too quick and lively, for me anyway! Things have moved on a lot since then thankfully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.