young boys v spurs

cleavers said:
mano-obe said:
Oh joy, another Spurs thread turned into a hate one. How many now amongst the other 150+? It's bad enough a United hate thread every 20 subjects

Young Boys played very well, but they should have finished off their chances better

Palacios and Modric does not work, Harry should know this by now.

3-2 is a lifeline. Some of arrogance of the City fans on here remind me of Chelsea and United fans unfortunately

I think you need to understand why City don't much like Spurs, it goes back several decades, and it involves your support, who every now and then made thuggery look a pleasant option. It doesn't go back to May 2010, really it doesn't. I would say that in hate terms Spurs come 2nd to united for a lot of blues, and a number I know its actually first (me included).
this

I started hating spurs when they lost me a potential £5000 as the final game on a 6 match accumalator by capitualting meekly 4-1 at home to newcastle when the fool keegan was on a 7 match losing run with them

useless!

cleavers said:
mano-obe said:
Oh joy, another Spurs thread turned into a hate one. How many now amongst the other 150+? It's bad enough a United hate thread every 20 subjects

Young Boys played very well, but they should have finished off their chances better

Palacios and Modric does not work, Harry should know this by now.

3-2 is a lifeline. Some of arrogance of the City fans on here remind me of Chelsea and United fans unfortunately

I think you need to understand why City don't much like Spurs, it goes back several decades, and it involves your support, who every now and then made thuggery look a pleasant option. It doesn't go back to May 2010, really it doesn't. I would say that in hate terms Spurs come 2nd to united for a lot of blues, and a number I know its actually first (me included).

I understand this, but not sure why it involves a hate thread all the time. I've loved reading Bluemoon through the years, but always always gets spoilt by anti United (every day), anti Everton (many posts throughout) and anti Spurs threads every month, then hearing the City fans calling them all "bitters"

The worst today is someone saying Spurs play a long ball game when we never have done, we always play an open game, even when we should see a game out, which is why we always like to mess things up down the years

Anyway good luck for the season, still surprised Bellamy went to Cardiff!<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:55 am --<br /><br />
Dr Bolouswki said:
I started hating spurs when they lost me a potential £5000 as the final game on a 6 match accumalator by capitualting meekly 4-1 at home to newcastle when the fool keegan was on a 7 match losing run with them

useless!

As Alan Hansen said "Spurs will always let you down" - Never put a bet on them!!

do they play in the europa league if they fail to qualify for the chumps league?

personally i'd like them to get go the group stages, more games aswell like us with europe, it will affect their league games.

Freestyler said:
do they play in the europa league if they fail to qualify for the chumps league?

personally i'd like them to get go the group stages, more games aswell like us with europe, it will affect their league games.

Yes they do drop down in the europa league

rag said:
Freestyler said:

Yes they do drop down in the europa league

cheers, ah well i suppose i want young boys to beat them now!

either way they'll still have more games, if they fail should we put in a cheeky bid for bale? if their only in the europa league we can only offer him what spuds can :)

Hi Guys.....

New member here and as my name suggests another Spurs fan..... but I come in peace, love your board and the banter (hence the reason I joined).... just don't get the hatred and the want for us to lose last night....

The reason: If we get knocked out prior to the group stage there is a chance that the PL could lose a CL place..... imagine Citeh finish 4th and miss out cos we cocked it up.... be careful what you wish for.

As for your game Thursday, maybe our game last night is a warning, there are no easy games in Europe certainly not away from home. YB's have a huge advantage with that pitch, it was bone dry when we trained on it Monday, yet they watered it for over an hour before the game yesterday so that it played completely differently... to me that's cheating, still confident we will win at home next week.

42 games at home under Redknapp.... 22 goals conceded.....and just 3 defeats.

Anyway a little about me...... 42 years old, ST holder for over 30 years.... and have a sports merchandise business (City are one of my clients with whom we licence products with)..... Don't get to many away games nowadays, but have seen some classic City/Spurs games, League Cup match where we had a snowball fight with the Kippax, the FA cup tie with the horses on the pitch, the 3-4 at WHL, the erm 81 Cup Final (sorry), and the CC 1/4 final at CoM's where we won 2-0 with 10 men.....

For what it's worth, I don't think you will break the top 3 anytime soon until RM settles his squad, side and formation.... Playing with 3 DCM's is negative, it's setting out not to lose games as opposed to win them....

Spurs, Liverpool, City and Everton fighting for one place.... City need to do better this season against their direct rivals.... it started with a 1 point at WHL on Saturday (a fortunate one at that, but I always say it don't matter how you get them).... Massive game for you on Monday..... whilst a win is not essential, a draw or a loss would not be good....

Good luck on Thursday, and safe trip for those travelling.... it can be horrible being an away fan in Europe....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.