Young PFA Young player of the year

Guys, i've read everyone's comments, and while an award is an award, the PFA awards aren't taken seriously by the players. The prestigious awards is the "Writers Player and Young Player of the year".

Lets hope the media see sense and give the young player to Stevie. Im sure he'd much prefer an award that recognise's his afforts throughout a full season rather than just 4 months of a season

Ricster said:
Im sure he'd much prefer an award that recognise's his afforts throughout a full season rather than just 4 months of a season

The award was for performances from Jan to Jan, 1 full calendar year. On that basis the second half of the season under Sven has to be taken into account for Stevie. with that in mind he did well to get nominated at all and for me its an indication of just how good this season has been for him to erase the memories of how bad we were from Jan 08 to May 08.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Ricster said:
Im sure he'd much prefer an award that recognise's his afforts throughout a full season rather than just 4 months of a season

The award was for performances from Jan to Jan, 1 full calendar year. On that basis the second half of the season under Sven has to be taken into account for Stevie. with that in mind he did well to get nominated at all and for me its an indication of just how good this season has been for him to erase the memories of how bad we were from Jan 08 to May 08.

Always next year then :)

Ricster said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Ricster said:

Always next year then :)

Spot on Ricster. If he carries on in the vein he's in then he's a shoe in for it.

I can understand peoples annoyance about Stevie not winning it, but as it has been pointed out, the award is for performances from 1 Jan 08 to 31 Dec 08, so taking that into account you cant begrudge Young winning it.

What really got me this morning, Sky News said 'Young won the Young PLayer of the year award, beating the likes of Agbonlahor and Johnny Evans' No mention of Ireland!

Holden Balls said:
I can understand peoples annoyance about Stevie not winning it, but as it has been pointed out, the award is for performances from 1 Jan 08 to 31 Dec 08, so taking that into account you cant begrudge Young winning it.

What really got me this morning, Sky News said 'Young won the Young PLayer of the year award, beating the likes of Agbonlahor and Johnny Evans' No mention of Ireland!

Figures! Sky Tv = Rag Bastards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.