your 15 minutes of fame (city related)

Plattlaner said:
Respect to fat boy blue for what must be a contender for thread of the month. Difficult to choose one from so many quality claims to fame, but surely "having a piss next to Gary Owen" is going to take some beating
Thank you Plattlaner I'm pleased my 1000th post lead to so many interesting posts .
Keep em coming bluemooners

I'm a legend......in Nigeria

Was working there as an expat in 99 (dark days) and got to know the producer of 'Nigeria Soccer Weekly" who asked me to do an interview on the show about english football....in a new section "expat views"

I'm sure they expected the rags and bin dippers to get a mention, but I just spoke about city.

Fair do's, they still showed it.

Had loads of Nigerians on site the next day stopping me. Nigeria soccer weekly was very popular and Nigeria has 100m population.

The producer of the show sent me a message on Linked in just this week

"Congrats....Man City came good for you"

Very Surreal

Managed to get a bit more than 15 minutes and did 'Fanzone' and the Monday Night Football programe on Sky Sports for a couple of seasons back in the day when Anelka played for us. Managed also to keep it in the family last year when my son was mascot for City at the 3-2 away game against QPR and was shown coming out on TV with Micah and standing with the team in the centre circle for the 2 min rememberence.

I got interviewed after the Arsenal game (1-0 loss away) by Norwegian TV who asked me the following questions with my (hand on heart) responses...

Reporter: Do you now concede that the title race is over being 8 points behind your arch rivals?
Me: It's not over until the fat lady sings.

Reporter (stunned at my response): Umm 8 points is a lot to make up with only 6 games left, do you really feel you still have a chance?
Me: Well if we can pick ourselves up from this game and move on quickly then I'm confident we'll fight to the end, we'll fight on.

Reporter: Disappointed with today's result?
Me: of course, yes.

I've been trying to find the clip but no to no avail as i don't speak Norwegian! They must think I'm a legend after the events that happened on that day :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.