Your BEST ever City memory.

TTTCITYBHOY said:
binzy m.cf.c said:
Lincoln 4 City 1....... shit result but stayed over at a mates house and pulled a 21yr old student who was as fit as fuck and twice as dirty, banged her like a taxi door all night long....... after that possibly Gillingham 99 and Schalke
its guys like you that give us a bad name ;)
Thank you very much..I'll try and keep it up....(Which Incidentally is what she asked of me)...Fnaaarrr fnnaaaarrr

Going to school in the mid 60's when we started to play football on the park, I was wearing my sky blue shirt with absolute pride, and all around me were wearing red tops.

I was the only one with a City shirt on, and I had to explain who Manchester City were to them, but I didn't care.

I was proud as punch to be different from the crowd. I was Mike Summerbee dancing down the wing, and yeah, I always treasure that memory.

Being the only blue in a sea of red, it makes me laugh now, all those questions about my sky blue shirt. I wasn't alone a few months later.

I know that there is the 5-1 and Wembley v Gillingham etc but for me it was the 1-1 v Hull at home last year, emigrated to Oz and that was my 1st game for 6 years, had a few beers with mates before and after and got to see City the result was immaterial. I could never explain how much you miss it when its gone ( or 12,000 miles away ) To all of you ...Never take it for granted !

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
Going to school in the mid 60's when we started to play football on the park, I was wearing my sky blue shirt with absolute pride, and all around me were wearing red tops.

I was the only one with a City shirt on, and I had to explain who Manchester City were to them, but I didn't care.

I was proud as punch to be different from the crowd. I was Mike Summerbee dancing down the wing, and yeah, I always treasure that memory.

Being the only blue in a sea of red, it makes me laugh now, all those questions about my sky blue shirt. I wasn't alone a few months later.

You grew up in Surrey, Singapore mate ? ;-)

Quite a few really, 99, last derby at Maine Road, First at Eastlands/CoMs, Jim Melrose v Notts County, Hamburg at home ( my two Daughters first match), an atmosphere like I remember in cup ties at Maine road in the 70`s and 80`s, beating Everton 3-1 ( Bobby Mac scoring two) 4-3 v Spurs ( one of the weirdest things ever, 3-0 down, Barton off and my Mrs said to me " are you turning it over" and me replying " No, I think we`re still going to win".

But probably the best memory was waiting at Piccadilly train station going to the 81 FA cup final, the station and platforms a sea of blue and white with the odd smattering of red and black and all the trains lined up ready to go, that memory has always stuck with me and the first thing I think of when asked this question.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.