Your biggest hero of all time.

My Brother- achieved so much all off his own back and still has never forgotten his roots and family-my hero who I would do anything for-an inspiration.

I was quite obsessed with Kinkladze as a kid, was he a 'hero' or 'role model'? I don't know, I just loved watching him play and the fact he was from a little known country and spoke no english made him more interesting I suppose.

Gio Kinkladze was the only person I can remember ever being desperate to meet. I was at Uni during his time with us so it wasn't as if I was a little kid but I idolised that bloke.

Like BB2 says, on top of his brilliant ability he had an air of mystique about him because he was from some strange Eastern European country and he spoke little English.

Other than him, Jack Russell, the greatest wicketkeeper I have ever seen. True genius and as mad as a wasp.

It seems I have had an eternal infatuation with James Joyce. I'd defo take him for a pint.

I also admire Bill Hicks. He is a bit of a geezer really.

Edit: Not to forget George Harrison - a musical hero.

douglas hurd for one act of altruism (first and last by a tory minister)
rosa parks
gorbachev
Dr Barnado
guy fawkes
robespierre
cromwell

Not too sure these people are my heros, but below are a number of very talented people who shaped the way we live our lives today (just imagine life without their inventions!)

1: probably one, if not the most important invention (certainly in our lifetime) is the computer.
Konrad Zuse is believed to have invented the worlds 1st functional computer in around 1941.

2: Another very important invention which often gets overlooked in this day and age is Aspirin, although there are varying stories in who invented this drug?
Felix Hoffman is widely credited with inventing Aspirin in 1897, however in 1941 a gentleman named Arthur Eincingrun claimed he had in invented the drug before Hoffman (he also had the backing of various professers who studied in this field!)
Both can be counted or just choose your favourite!

3: In 1989 I was just starting big school, meanwhile somewhere in Switzerland an english scientist called Tim Berners Lee was invinting the World Wide Web!
Although the internet had already been going for two decades, Berners Lee succesfully made communication via an http server and client via the internet.
I belive his bosses at the time were none too impresed with Tims grand ideas, nether the less, he pressed on with a little help from his team and I for one would love to buy this man a drink or too for his efforts...
After all lads, if it wasn't for this man we would all still be swapping dvds like crazy in work,college,school etc
Sir Tim Berners Lee, we salute you!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.