Your City Superstitions - Can you let go of them now?

chelseaaway84 said:
wore same things for semi and final last year, but tried them again for charity shield and we lost so came up with the thought that it only worked for one season !!

at least i can wear a thinner jacket for first few games next season i was bloody boiling on sunday with my winter coat on but at least it worked lol

MANCHESTER CITY CHAMPIONS

Keep that up and you will become ''the bloke as blue as his teams shirt'' watching some night match when it's snowing and minus 5 the middle of winter.

I wore the same clothes including boxers and socks all last season at home, my girlfriend threatened to hide them for the last few games. Thank god she didn't.

blue.behind.enemy.lines said:
When we won 4-1 in the first derby at Eastlands, they had ran out of meat and Potato pies before kick off, so me and my Dad got my Grandad a sausage roll. Thanks to the result we forced him to have a sausage roll at every game until he died, he didn't even like them. Feel like right cruel bastards now come to think of it aha.
lol^^ I'm sick to death of trying to think about what clothes i had on the last time we won/lost "i can't wear those keks as we lost last time i wore them, I'm sure we won when i wore those socks" will i change tact? Probably not, it's completely ridiculous but i can't help it!

changed the wallpaper on my phone. through the last 6-8 games i refused to change it from yaya celebrating against stoke, was going to change it before newcastle to one of vinnys goal but didnt, and changed it after qpr to one of the boys with the trophy. stupid superstition

wore the same shirt(below) to the semi and final, wore the new one for the charity shield (well that didnt work), back to the old one for last sunday and look what happened !!!!

lrgscale736191-JHT.jpg

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The one thing I was gonna do on Sunday was make sure I got a pie from CBL3 catering. Our home record stands on my consumption of a pie at each PL game. Didn't have one for the Dippers CC and MANUre FArce Cup. It's worked this season but I fancy it won't next. Shall have to set off doing summat else!
The Chinley Blues flag in block 309 was only moved once due to presure on here and that was the Sunderland game (we moved it back at half time) otherwise we would not be celebrating now.I also only go in a certain turnstyle and both these rituals will continue next season .....its all down to us lol

My superstitions been a long standing one , everytime we go to the etihad or an away game , as soon as I'm through the turnstile il give my ticket to my older brother , and then he'll pass both our tickets too my dad ! Done it for a long time now and it always seems to work especially at he etihad !

Glad it's not just me. I won't watch a derby on the telly because we lose when I do. Might keep that one going though.

away9798.jpg

Wore this to the QPR game, was kicking myself around 85th minute thinking I'd jinxed us by wearing the shirt from when we were proper shite, after that I might have to wear it for every title decider !

EDIT: I didn't have the socks and shorts just the shirt before someone tries to be a clever dick

IMO the superstitions we have will only get stronger from this in the future. We'll remember what we did the night before (watched Bluemoon Rising, FA Cup semi and final in my case), we'll remember what we wore etc. When not if we are in a final or need 1 win to win the league we'll look back and do it all again in fear of jinxing it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.