Your Commute

• Thread starter manchester blue
  • Start date
6mile - 8mins bike trip from Catterick to Richmond

Used to work in Bishop Auckland which is 25miles away. Was always a 30minute clear road journey.

Working in London so it's usually the 05:55 train from Picc to Euston on a Monday but sometimes can't face it and come down on Sunday. Once in Lonodn, it depends which office I'm working from but it's either 30 minutes on the Circle line or 30 minutes on the train to Surrey.

Then home again on Friday, leaving anytime between 3pm and 7ish depending on the cost and work. Currently in a hotel and there a five of us so you have to be really disciplined not to go mad every evening. Would prefer a flat as then I could use it when City are playing down South and wouldn't need to go home every weekend. Plus easier to relax.

im living in stoke but still work in old trafford,takes about an hour there an hour back each day and have done for the past 5 years since i moved it gets a bit tedious now and again but not to bad!

Worked all over the UK and abroad for the last 10 years, living out of suit cases. Its very hard to stay out of the pubs, but its either that or stare at 4 walls. Have been at home the last 12 months. God knows where the next contract will be. I used to hate trying to get out of London on a Friday afternoon 6hr drive back to Lancaster.

20 mins in the morning, half hour plus coming home, Oldham to Traffod Park.
Was looking at getting contracted to Iran but that got put on freeze a couple of month back.

Mental_blue said:
Just finished a 2 year stint in Norwich. Working away can get a bit tedious especially if you have family and it can be too easy going to the pub every night leaving you no better off.

I haven't read the whole thread but this is similar to me.

I lived in Manc city centre and worked in Walsall Tues to Thurs. As I couldn't be @rsed with commuting every day I stayed down there in a company house. Trouble is staying away every night meant lot's of beer and late night takeaways so is really bad for your health.

I moved to Northwich to cut down the commute (only 130 miles a day now) and it's worth it to get home every night - even with my missus!

Ed68 said:
I moved to Northwich to cut down the commute (only 130 miles a day now) and it's worth it to get home every night - even with my missus!

Where abouts in Northwich are you Ed?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.