Your emotions/actions/whereabouts from 1-2 to 3-2

I listened to it at home on the radio with my 12 year old son. At HT I said to him "right clean sheet now and the jobs done, just don't concede". I always say this at 1-0 nil up. Then QPR equalise and I bend down and smack the floor - "bollox" - again I always do this. The commentors were saying that QPR were defending well and there was no space so I knew we had a problem. Then Barton is sent off and I think "ah - hope", but it seems that immediately that glimmer is dashed when QPR go 2-1 up. "Bollox". I leave the room feeling sick and go downstairs and say to the wife "it's 2-1 to QPR now" - as if it will make me feel better. It doesn't. I feel sick. I go back to listening to the commentary. It's all City possesion - buts there's no space - QPR have 10 men in the their own penalty box. The minutes tick by. I start to sweat. I start to rub my head and wring my hands. This is a nightmare. It's injury time. Anxiety turns to blind panic. Then Decko equailises and I cheer - "Yes, a chance now, Sunderland might equalise I think and a draw will do !" But then the commentator says that's it all over at the Stadium of Light and the rags have won 1-0. "Bollox". Another nail in the coffin. And then QPR have a throw in - in City's half. I say to my son "It's gone".

But suddenly the commentator says Aguero is in the box and screams "GOAL". I sream "YEEEAAAH" and start jumping up and down. I run around. I take off my jumper and t-shirt and throw them on the ground and start jumping up and down on them "YEEEAAH". I scream at the radio "CITY YOU STUPID IDIOTS". I start howling ! Everything goes blurred and I can hardly breathe or even stand up !. I can hear my son cheering now and my wife and daughter are there laughing "Dads having an heart attack !".

I still don't believe it. It must be some sick joke right ? I switch the TV on - final score and fans on the pitch ! The scores on the screen. Man City 3-2 QPR. CITY ARE CHAMPIONS! I point and jab at the screen laughing and blabbing incoherently !

after meeting in the waldorf and quaffing pints of stella and john smiths , 4 of us went to the ground , in the forlorn hope of getting a ticket.Plan B was to got to Mary D's , but at 2.30pm the queue was 200 yds long , so plan C ,leg-it to the Townley , just got in before they shut the doors . At 90 mins and losing 1-2 , our kid , went outside for some "fresh air" , but the three remaining (myself and 2 sons) probably had the best 3 or 4 mins of our lives supporting City. It was mayhem when Sergio scored the winner , the beer,hats,scarves,glasses was flying all over the place for about 10 minutes solid , it wasnt as good as being at the match , but it was a very close 2nd. , thanks for a great day all fellow bluemooners in the waldorf and the hundreds of blues in the townley.

I posted earlier in this thread that i was in Lourdes France for the game, I was reading a booklet today about the apparitions Bernadette had with the virgin mary and the first thing she said when seeing Mary was "AQUERO". By coincidence I was also there for the Gillingham game in the same bar, but I don't think she said "DICKOV"

I had Radio 5 Live on at home. I couldn't watch a stream - too nervous. I was pacing up and down the house, and doing jobs to keep myself occupied whilst listening.

When Zaba scored, some tension left me and I felt less nervous for the first time on Sunday. Second half starts, they score, and I felt OK as we still had 40 minutes to go. I told myself we had only one slip up in the league at home, and we were too determined to make that two.

My youngest went to his room to console himself, and my wife took my oldest son to his friend's house, where he ended up watching a stream. At 1-2, I was absolutely gutted, but there was still time for us to get two goals, so I did not lose faith. My main thought was of Sergio getting that last minute winner at home against Villarreal. As time passed, my wife, who had returned was preparing me for disappointment. At 90 minutes, I was thinking of all the United fans I had wound up last week at work, and having to face the music on Monday.

When Dzeko scored, I was please that our unbeaten home record would be preserved, but I didn't expect a winner. United's game finished, Danny Mills commentating seemed to be relishing our last day demise, then the commentator started to describe the build up to Sergio's goal. Yes, could it be. Balo... Come on City. Sergio... GOAL!!!

I went absolutely mental, shouting and cheering at the top of my voice, jumping around the house. The misses was pleased. My son came down to see what was happening. He thought it was 2-2 as I hadn't cheered for the Dzeko goal. He joined in the celebration and we jumped around until a minute later, and the game ended.

We all watched Final Score, and the presentation, deliriously happy, and in a state of shock. We all watched Match of the Day, still hardly believing what had happened. What a day.

Earlier on, our friend at church said he had prayed for a City win. We asked how that would help as United fans would pray for them to win. Maybe God answered his prayer, but made us all suffer the worst suffering imaginable before the glorious finale.

I can't remember Sunday now apart from these;

Nervous as fuck.
That fan with the 2012 Prem Champs tattoo (I really wanted to kill him).
Zab's goal and me thinking maybe we will do it in style.
The QPR goals. Some fooker was going to get it at that point :-(
The goal from Aguero and the back of the net billowing with it. When he connected with the ball I knew, just knew, he would put it away.
But I was still dumbstruck with disbelief and I just sat there sobbing.

Watching it at home with my 13 year old son was torture, he was in tears from the minute they scored to make it 2-1 and I just felt shit. Shit for me and shit for him, because I thought it was my fault, I'd cursed him by bringing him into this world and raised him as a City supporter, just felt terribly sad and guilty. Then a few minutes later I had this huge surge of pain, the thought that we'd beaten Utd on the Monday and Newcastle away on the Sunday and that it would all count for nothing just felt unbelievable, felt unreal and so futile and I was thinking...we can't lose it like this, having done all the hard work just to lose at home to a bunch of also rans like QPR. It kind of swept over me and the sadness I felt almost choked me...sounds daft I know but I don;t think I'd ever felt that huge surge of awfulness/sadness at a football match ever before.
Twenty five minutes we were both rolling around the floor, shouting in sheer joy and the happiness was such a total contrast to my previous feelings it was surreal.

First day back at work today. Took a different route through Albert Square and the blue and white ribbons were still on the tree. That was good. As was walking through the door at work onto the office floor. Got a standing ovation from the WUMs and my efforts at keeping a straight face were shot to bits.

At 1-2 down on 88 mins I just couldn't deal with it anymore so wandered off to a spiral to get away from it and have a chill. Don't really remember doing this as had got pretty pissed before and during the game and was in a drunken haze. Stood on the spiral I saw a few Blues walking off in the distance towards Mary Ds and was just so gutted for us all. Just as it hit home we have fecked it I heard the roar for Dzekos goal. Even then I absent mindedly wandered back up the few metres to the concourse. I saw a few hopeful Blues congregating at the entrance to 309 so wandered back in. 20 seconds later Sergio scored and the place went ballistic. I just started filming... don't know why but maybe I just wanted to remember what it felt like in case it never happened again. There were Blues all around me losing the plot... I was pissed out my head and actually don't remember the first minute or so. Its me shouting but there were loads of people losting the plot around me so I don't know for sure if its me making the high pitch wailing... like some sort of football extermination from all the years of shit and pain! By leaving it somehow made the moment even more surreal, more unbelievable. You hear me asking 'did that just fcking happen' and 'oh my god, oh my god!' in the highest pitch voice I have ever heard myself come out with over and over to random strangers before making my way back up to my pals who I was reunited with. Think its about 10mins in total... looking back on it now its a massive blur. Wasn't sure whether to share or not but it probably replicates what most people were going through and experiencing. Amazing day.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sB2ugSGmro&list=UUjlABlT27JJgnynz4AKZUPw[/youtube]

Listened to the match on 5 live at home on my own (no sky). This has been building up all week but after the previous 2 matches confident we can do it. Champagne is in the fridge, glass polished ready on the table. First 20 minutes confident until united score, then think: "well all we need to do is score and its still sorted".

1-0 up and all's well. Half time and quite happy - just keep a clean sheet and maybe pull away in the second half.

Then QPR equalised; I still felt we just needed to score. Barton sent off - should be good as 1 less to fill the penalty area with, we should get more chances.

When the second goal went in I thought here we go again its all going pear shaped (glass back in the cupboard just in case!).

The next 30 minutes are maybe the most unbearable I can remember. As time ticked down, more and more excruciatingly stressful, especially when you can hear, but not see what is actually happening.

5 minutes to go and I dash through to the fridge to put the champagne away in the cupboard - it might be a jinx!). From this point I have stopped pacing up and down (which I have been doing since 2:50) and am on my knees with my head buried in the cushions trying to block it out but unable to switch it off (keep thinking: "they did it in '99 they can do it again, or can they ?").

Dzeko scores and the only thought is "at least we haven't lost at home". Then when kun scores the commentator goes berserk and I am jumping around the room. Can't believe it even when the final whistle goes - without pictures don't quite believe its over until I put on final score and can actually see the pictures of the celebrations.

Dash back to the champagne while its still cold and don't remember much else after the texts start coming in. I've been waiting for this since I was 9 (and I'm now 53) and still can't quite believe it.

Joe Hart and Clichy sum up what it was like for me...
<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Features/2012/May/City-v-QPR-Hart-and-Clichy-emotion-slo-mo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Features/2012/ ... ion-slo-mo</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.