Your favourite goal of the season

Marvin

ust watched the City Goals of the season

Excepting Goals against QPR in the final game and against Utd, what was your favourite City goal of the season?

I think mine was Nasri's winner against Chelsea.

Not only was it technically excellent, but it was in a huge game, and saw us come back from a goal down late on. I remember leaving the ground shouting and screaming and singing the Gooner's Nasri song

Balo's "Why always me?" goal against the rags.

That's when I (and probably the rest of the footballing world) truly started to believe we could win the league.

Frozen Fire said:

That's when I (and probably the rest of the footballing world) truly started to believe we could win the league.
Goes without saying that Aguero's goal and goals against the runners-up would be favourites, so I want to know about the others.

Technically the goals at Norwich were excellent, but the Nasri goal is best for me because it had everything. Drama, match-winner, tevez, Chelsea, importance.

Other special goal is Yaya's bombshell at Stoke. Thought it wasn't enough at the time.

Yaya's first goal at Newcastle. It wasn't just the importance of the goal that made it special but they way he played a neat one-two with Aguero then calmly place the ball with power right into the bottom corner which give the keeper no chance was quality.

Edin's header at Spurs

Went in in slow motion, a thing of beauty<br /><br />-- Tue May 22, 2012 12:57 am --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
Frozen Fire said:

Goes without saying that Aguero's goal and goals against the runners-up would be favourites, so I want to know about the others.

Technically the goals at Norwich were excellent, but the Nasri goal is best for me because it had everything. Drama, match-winner, tevez, Chelsea, importance.

Other special goal is Yaya's bombshell at Stoke. Thought it wasn't enough at the time.

Got a text from my dad, the ultimate pessimist, as I was coming out of the ground that day saying we've blown the league now.

I texted back saying it could be the goal that wins us the title. Deep down I didn't really believe it but sometimes dreams come true :)

Said it in another thread for me has to be:

Nasri's winner against Chelsea. It's back on. We can still do this.

Aguero's second against Swansea. Capped off an exceptional performance. Goosebumps.

Honorable mention to one of the best counter-attacking goals I've ever seen, the Aguero goal at the Emirates in the Carling Cup. A thing of sheer beauty.

Aguero vs QPR, the importance of that one and the timing and ugh everything! I see most agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.