Your favourite goal of the season

Some of my favourites have already been said so won't bother repeating.... Got to give a mention to David silva's goal v qpr away, good ball by dzeko, great touch and first time finish. Brilliant.

-- Tue May 22, 2012 6:50

'do you remember our sixth against you at old trafford' is a banter winner and conversation finisher against every rag I know, so Dzeko's special special goal and Silva's sublime pass

So many to mention and I agree with all the ones above.

A few that stick out in my mind

1. Balotelli v Blackburn away - great cross from Kolarov and finish from Balo when to put us 2-0 up. The first game after the Tevez saga and we really showed bottle.

2. Barry v Bolton - screamer away from home

3. De Jong v Liverpool Carling Cup - another beauty from someone you wouldn't expect

Obviously, Aguero's v QPR is the most memorable but I would say our best two goals are :

Aguero - individual brilliance v Norwich away - did not get the credit this deserves after picking the ball up in our half and making his way to the edge of their box, jinking inside the defender and then hitting a beautiful, curling effort inside the far post

Aguero - team goal - the third at the swamp. Yaya into Balotelli who flicks it to Milner, who plays in Richards who crosses for Aguero to score. All first touch passes and totally ripped the United defence apart. The people leaving the ground after added to this. Take it, Bobby Charlton, take it.

gazinho said:
Milner's against Villa is my favourite goal apart from the obvious ones, quality crossfield ball, didnt stand there admiring it got himself on the edge of the box and a wonderful first time finish into the top corner gave Given no chance.
This for me also absolutely top drawer.

In no particular order:

Nasri vs Spurs at home - wonderful run found by a brilliant Silva through ball and a top drawer finish.

Balotelli vs Spurs at home - The lad has ice running through his veins.

Silva vs Arsenal at home - Not a particularly good goal in itself but that was a really good match and we went mental when we scored.

Aguero vs Villarreal at home - Last minute winners are always good, especially ones that keep you in the Champions League.

De Jong vs Liverpool away - The only guy in the world who can tackle the ball into the top corner from 25 yards.

Aguero vs Norwich away - Just a wonderful goal.

Milner vs Everton at home - Pass of the season from Silva and a tidy finish to end the Everton hoo-doo.

Aguero's 3rd vs Wigan at home - The cheeky little "come-and-get-it" signal from Aguero just before he slots the ball past Al-Habsi.

Balotelli vs Blackburn away - Remember nearly dying from heat exhaustion after that goal.

Aguero vs Arsenal away - My first trip to Arsenal and if it hadn't have been for that goal it would have been a dire one, was also a fantastic goal in itself.

Lescott vs Villa - Was a key goal in a game that it looked like we might struggle to win; we'd battered them the year before and lost 1-0 and I thought we were going to fail to break them down once again, plus the celebration was fantastic and right in front of where we were stood.

Kolarov vs Sunderland at home – I always love it when Kolarov scores.

Dzeko vs Blackburn at home – Fantastic “old-school” goal; wonderful cross from Kolarov and a bullet header.

Milner vs Villa at home – Brilliant diagonal ball out to the wing, he then bursts a gut to get to the edge f the box before smashing the ball into the top corner. Respectful celebration too.

Nasri vs Chelsea at home – Wonderful reverse pass from Tevez followed by a great finish.

Aguero vs Swansea at home – The moment we realised exactly how good this guy was.

Probably missed a few other good ones but that’s just off the top of my head.

for me its a tie but same two players involved

Silva to Dzeko at the swamp

and the shock on the rags faces

Dzeko to Silva at loftus rd

all the Qpr players and half the fans going the wrong way with Silvas first touch

Definitely Edin's header at Shite Hart Lane.

But also most (all?) of the goals at Norwich were quality.

And too many other great goals to mention.

has to be agueros just for the timing and what it meant!! still get goosebumps thinking about it!!

This for me hands down, another of Edin's WTF balls !!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdJTxWOFAiQ[/youtube]

In terms of beauties scored its been an unbelievable few months for us. This is still not sinking in for me. Can this be the same City that has hurt and deprived me of sleep for so long??

What's really worth noting is the exceptional quality of assists that preceded many of those goals. Tevez's assist to nasri and kun's flying back heel towards silve will stand long in my memory. Djeko's crazy header however still dazzles me everytime i watch it.

I'm throwing a pizza gathering at my place of work with rag absenteeism highly likely. Guests will be received bye a very proud moonchester...

52c22669-4545-8fa0.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.