Your favourite Indian curry.

2gucrk8.jpg

Banana leaf with onion sauce and a side of Tandoori Chicken breast

Roast Chicken curry.

I have absolutely no idea what spices were in it. If I had to guess, it would be the main 3 (cumin, coriander and turmeric), plus black pepper, fennel seeds, cinnamon and probably a whole load of others.

A friend of mine was originally from Kerala (SW India). His mum was over visiting a couple of summers ago. She brought her secret family recipe spice mix with her and he brought me a curry she had made. It was cubed chicken, marinated for 24 hours in a paste of spice mix, chilli powder, garlic, onion and ginger, and then cooked in a heavy pan until pretty much dry. Served on homemade chapatti's with yoghurt.

She also made us some fresh idli, with an amazing masala dip with fresh curry leaves.

Roast Chicken curry.

I have absolutely no idea what spices were in it. If I had to guess, it would be the main 3 (cumin, coriander and turmeric), plus black pepper, fennel seeds, cinnamon and probably a whole load of others.

A friend of mine was originally from Kerala (SW India). His mum was over visiting a couple of summers ago. She brought her secret family recipe spice mix with her and he brought me a curry she had made. It was cubed chicken, marinated for 24 hours in a paste of spice mix, chilli powder, garlic, onion and ginger, and then cooked in a heavy pan until pretty much dry. Served on homemade chapatti's with yoghurt.

She also made us some fresh idli, with an amazing masala dip with fresh curry leaves.
That sounds bang on that. The thing is in British restaurants and takeaways, we get curries adapted to our western taste buds. No such in thing in India as a Korma a Balti or a bright red coloured sauce that is a massala laced with colouring sugar and MSG.

Anyone wanting a more authentic curry, just ask for it Asian style.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.