Your First Derby Game

cyberblue

The first one I remember was at the swamp March 1970
How it happened or arranged I ain't a clue but loads of City all turned up at Victoria train station & when the train full of rags from Bury turned up it went mental
I was only just turned 16 & thought fn hell
Then after it all over we all ended up robbing ( am not sure wot or why) Woolworths then jumped on double decker busses to the swamp
After the game thousands of us marched back to town singing we on our way to Vienna ( not sure it spelt right )
Them days were mental but glad I was part of them.& live to tell the tale

Last edited:
Mine was the 3.2 back in 2002 when Gary Neville made the assist of his life, putting the GOAT in on goal.

Great memories!!

My daughters (18) is the 6.1.

That is the day when she knew how much it meant to be a City fan. She was only 10 and she remembers the emotion of that day like it was yesterday.

For her - a stark contrast to supporting City, as to when I was 10 years old.

The first one I remember was at the swamp March 1970
How it happened or arranged I ain't a clue but loads of City all turned up at Victoria train station & when the train full of rags from Bury turned up it went mental
I was only just turned 16 & thought fn hell
Then after it all over we all ended up robbing ( am not sure wot or why) Woolworths then jumped on double decker busses to the swamp
After the game thousands of us marched back to town singing we on our way to Vienna ( not sure it spelt right )
Them days were mental but glad I was part of them.& live to tell the tale
This was my first Derby. Franny got a hat-trick at the swamp. Bloody fantastic. I was in with the Rags. No segregation then.

Mine was the 3.2 back in 2002 when Gary Neville made the assist of his life, putting the GOAT in on goal.

Great memories!!

My daughters (18) is the 6.1.

That is the day when she knew how much it meant to be a City fan. She was only 10 and she remembers the emotion of that day like it was yesterday.

For her - a stark contrast to supporting City, as to when I was 10 years old.
Not a numbers person then?

Fa cup at old Trafford when Rosler lobbed Schmeichel. Then we were robbed by the ref giving utd a penalty for literally f all. Cant say the derbys were great affairs when I was a kid. All the more sweeter now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.