Your first ever favourite City player.

C_T_I_D

Go on then, show your age ladies and gents! It's time to share your first ever favourite player on your journey with our beloved blues. Mine was Eyal Berkovic personally, always thought he was a classy player. Gutted when he went to Pompey.

Feel free to share your own and if you can remember what kind of a debut they add, feel free to rattle that story off aswell. Will make for an interesting thread I reckon.

Mine was Flitcroft I even grew my hair like his.
Do remember our kids being Eric Nixon, he wrote him a letter saying he loved him and he was his hero, Eric wrote back with a signed photo of him.

as a goalkeeper it was Tony Coton at the age of 6. GUTTED the day he left. had his name on back of the grey gk shirt. how my united mates all laughed at me for week. TW@T!!!

also liked Quinn!!!

Paul Moulden was my first City love.

Inspired by the 88/89 promotion season. I was 10 at the time and used to practice swivelling and shooting through my swing posts, while also doing the commentating..."Moulden, ohhh what a goal".

Ha ah them were the days. Still got that season's highlights on video!

C_T_I_D said:
Go on then, show your age ladies and gents! It's time to share your first ever favourite player on your journey with our beloved blues. Mine was Eyal Berkovic personally, always thought he was a classy player. Gutted when he went to Pompey.

Feel free to share your own and if you can remember what kind of a debut they add, feel free to rattle that story off aswell. Will make for an interesting thread I reckon.
david wagstaffe great winger i think i was influenced by my dad probably, only a pup when he played. when i was a bit older hard to say really franny, buzzer, mick doyle, not forgetting the king.feel asorry for most of you young pups. but hopefully the times they are a changing to quote the song

My "fate" favourite player has to be nially. I was born on the day he scored the winner against coventry which is also his birthday(and ricky hattons). I think my first real favourite player would probably be either ali b or the goat. I can remember the days of uwe and walshy but wasnt really old enough to understand what a favourite player was lol

first for me was Paul Power, on the run to the 81 Cup Final. what a year that was.

when me and my mates used to have a kick about in the park when the 82 world cup was on I was always Zico, my best mate was Rumernigge and my other mate was Zoff (he liked to play in goal) those were the days dribbling past my mate, scoring and then running, hands in the air in truimph shouting ZICOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It was hard to have a favourite in 1968, they were a great team.

Bell, Lee and Summerbee for obvious reasons and Mike Doyle cos he was dead hard.

Dennis Tueart in his first spell at the club. I remember him being at a Junior Blues meeting at the old Ferrantis social club in Chadderton and practically begging him not to leave as it was in the news he was joining New York Cosmos. I think he managed to avoid the subject!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.