Your first ever favourite City player.

Paul Lake even grew my hair like his, also liked Peter Beagrie never forget when he scored on his debut and did that somersault quality cant remeber who that was against.

with me only being 22 i cant state the obvious of bell lee sumerbee etc, as i wasnt alive. but my first ever fav player was *spit* tony coton....my first ever City kit was the keepers strip with him on the back. I used to play as a keeper for my schools and for my uncles under 11s so he was my idol....until the twat left for the scum!!

dennis tueart

i know he isnt every ones favourite on here due to his board room dealings but as a 5 yr old in 1979, my 1st ever game was (dont quote me on the details) agsainst norwich city, a 0-0 home draw, and my dad banging on about the fact it was tuearts come back game after him going the states.

as a foot note, on the alderley edge - cheadle hulme line there was (maybe still is) some grafitti that if you looked out for it you'd spot it that said 'dennis tueart-king of all geordies'.. any one else spot that?

Joycee Banercheck said:
In chronological order:
Grealish
Simpson
Moulden
White
Rosler
Kinkladze
Goater
Dunne
Kompany
I think DeJong might become my new ledge. If he settles in well and performs like he did against the dippers then he could be special.

legends in my book
lee, bell, summerbee, wagstaffe, nick reid, kinky, walsh, rosler, tueart, peter barnes, ali b, swp, clive wilson, bobby mac, micky doyle, tony book,the goat, gerry gow,rodney marsh,stan bowles
couldn`t take to channon should of worn his boots on his arse he went to ground so easy
phil boyer slowest fucker i ever seen in a city shirt
paul power never looked like a footballer to me sorry paul
willie donache, if people on here think dunnie makes mistake willie made dunnie look like franc beckenbaur (excuse the spelling)
allcock cunningham enough said
who got me started it was that git adam

ColinBall said:
It was hard to have a favourite in 1968, they were a great team.

Bell, Lee and Summerbee for obvious reasons and Mike Doyle cos he was dead hard.

You're the same age group as me. Possibly the greatest ever City team. I'd add Big Joe although when I first started following City the goalie was still Harry Dowd.

Dennis Tueart. Can't remember why, though. Not that he wasn't a good player but we've probably had better.

Rosler loved singing 'who bombed old trafford......Uwe Uwe Uwe Uwe Uwe's grandad' (spelling sorry?)

All time favourite has to be 'the Goat' fucking loved that guy. 'Feed the Goat' the best song in my opinion ever to grace a football ground, especially away from home just after he had shinned one in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.