Your first ever gig....

Freestyler said:
Oasis at the G-Mex in 97.

I was 10, can't remember a thing bout it.

thankfully the gig was recorded and so i can still relive it and watch it back to this day.

1. are you sure it wasn't the men arena? i went to see them at the arena in october/november '97.
2. what do you mean it was recorded? officially? if so, i need to get me a copy. i thought i had everything they released.

I was 15 in 1977. Went with a mate to a local College to see the punk band - " Bethnal". We got there about 7pm and all the 'real' students pissed themselves and told us if we wanted to see the Band come back in about 4 hours.

The two of us trooped the 2 miles back to mine and played my "Clash" and "Buzzcocks" singles before setting off again at 9pm. Still making sure we arrived in plenty of time.

It could have been worse though, my first gig could have been "Busted".

citykev28 said:
Freestyler said:
Oasis at the G-Mex in 97.

I was 10, can't remember a thing bout it.

thankfully the gig was recorded and so i can still relive it and watch it back to this day.

1. are you sure it wasn't the men arena? i went to see them at the arena in october/november '97.
2. what do you mean it was recorded? officially? if so, i need to get me a copy. i thought i had everything they released.

:D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwGbFtAYwlc[/youtube]

Mine was dexys midnight runners, feb 1980 at oldham queen Elizabeth hall, aged 15. Had heard the john peel session and loved the saxophones. The brass section was amazing. They started the set with dance stance if I remember rightly and the noise nearly blew our eardrums. Loved it!

Cockney Rebel - Stretford ....

in the mid -1970's.

11i0rus.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.