Your First Game

Why Always Ste

I will get shot down for this but how most (if not all) posters on here seem to remember the exact first game they went to is somewhat beyond belief.

I'm only 27, so not exactly Senile (border line) so wasn't long ago that I was being dragged all over the show watching local clubs play footy....

Yet can I remember the exact first game I was taken to?

No :(

So, what was your first game?

I worship your ability to remember such a key moment in your life

I do remember my first game, it was at Maine road in 1961 and City got beat by spurs, can't remember the score but I just loved the atmosphere and became a blue, never regretted it.

It's usually with the benefit of hindsight and a little internet research that people can suddenly remember all the details of their first game.

I know mine was against West Ham, sat on the benches in Platt Lane and I was around 8 years old and I was freezing cold.

I can now pinpoint it to the 4-3 win on 21st October 1972 against West Ham, Rodney Marsh scored two, Mike Summerbee one and some fella called Towers got the fourth in front of a crowd of 30,890.

Me been a Whitby lad, my dad took me up the road to Scarborough's McCain stadium for a friendly in '96. Can't remember much of it to be honest, I was only 2. All I know is that we were winning 1-0 and they snatch a draw with a late penalty. Plus it pissed down.

First visit to Maine Rd, 1964 FA Youth Cup SF against the rags, I think we lost 4-1. Because of family finances getting very tight shortly after this I didn't get to a first team game for nearly 2 years until my mum finally gave in to my pestering and took me to an FA Cup match against Leicester, 2-2 draw, Neil Young (RIP) scored both goals. I remember it so well because I'd had to wait so bloody long for it!

I'm 14, mine was at Selhurst Park in September 04, so I was 6, and we won 2-1, Anelka scoring both, happy days, happy days.

1991-92 season i was just 1 and a half years old we played west ham at maine road beat them 2-0 i think...not that i can remember any of it haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.