Your First Game

Funnily enough i was looking it up the other day, i knew we won 4-0 and i knew it was sheff Utd but now i know it was on Sat 6th March 1976, I was 6 and my dad put me on the wall at the front of the Kippax and he went to the back with his mates. I don't even think he came to check on me at H/T LOL. I got a season ticket the year after but went to the north stand with my grandad!

How could I not remember it? Lee Bradbury scored!

You're not going to forget an event like that in a hurry, it'd be like forgetting a solar eclipse, he rose like a majestic salmon.

vs Chesterfield 1-1.

everton, scoreless draw, 1994 ish. I recall being most impressed with the pineapple flavoured cubes from the sweet shop on the corner of Maine road and claremont road.

missed bootham crescent - sorry. I went to boundary park tho

I remember very little about mine. Must've been younger than 10, it was Portsmouth away, not sure of the result either. My dad and granddad could probably tell me more.

Some people must have really good memories ;\ I remember a Leicester game at home, cup game, probably my first home game - first year at Eastlands? I never got to watch a game at Maine Road but had pictures outside it with the boarding up.

liverpool at maine road 95/96 when we got relegated never looked back. tough lesson at the of 7.

Why Always Ste said:
I will get shot down for this but how most (if not all) posters on here seem to remember the exact first game they went to is somewhat beyond belief.

I'm only 27, so not exactly Senile (border line) so wasn't long ago that I was being dragged all over the show watching local clubs play footy....

Yet can I remember the exact first game I was taken to?

Hell no, I was probably around 6mths old, even the games I went to at 5yrs old and shit even games I went to this season I don't have much remembrance of.... Yet people post football-erotic tales of exact descriptions of the Kippax when they were 8yrs old and so on.

Sure, it will give me some internet-cred if I say the exact game I attended, making sure it was a game in which we lost adds more cred, as does mentioning a few shit players and hey even some video footage on youtube and you're a certified blue that definitely went to York Away.

It seems since we became successful the new thing to say is how shit we were and how we was there.
Reminds me of when some Rock band becomes a huge success in the charts, everyone becomes a fan, buying the shirts and going to the gigs, yet the "cool kids" sat in the corner are saying: "yea we watched this band when they were shit, when nobody liked them, we still bought their records, damn we're so cool man, we was even at the Bootham Crescent gig man"

I don't remember every game I was taken to as a kid, I remember going to different stadiums, home ends, away ends - at that age you are told who to support and you do.... I loved watching City & Bolton as a kid.... win, lose or draw I didn't care, for me it was all about being apart of something.

Respect to the Born Again Citizens who want to follow this club.... But if you would drop this religion based on results then for me you are not a true believer.
what the fuck are you on about?

cleavers said:
dennishasdoneit said:
what the fuck are you on about?
Its an "I'm a bigger blue than you" post, there's lots of them about.

eh?

Completely the opposite... I'm stating a welcoming message to the many people who had stopped attending games, but have recently started coming back to the stadium and so on... Born Again Citizens

I mean shit, it was only a few seasons ago I could walk in Eastlands and sit wherever I wanted to sit all around the ground.
Now i'm struggling to get a space in my seasoncard spot lol...

I was actually mocking many posters who act like the biggest fan in the world, giving very detailed accounts of matches they apparently attended like 20 years ago... My point was I can hardly remember most of the matches I went to back then, even stating I can hardly remember a few matches I went to THIS season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.