Your Football Manager Seasons?

Yeah, it's a different experience once most of the real players have retired, you don't get your judgment clouded by what you think of people in real life, i probably won't play on this long ever again though.

pee dubya said:
Yeah, it's a different experience once most of the real players have retired, you don't get your judgment clouded by what you think of people in real life, i probably won't play on this long ever again though.

yeah I just kept finding that I could only get 3 or 4 really good re-gens, most of them were either crap technique, really bad mentally or shit physically, like all the Cbs were 5ft and couldn't head and my strikers had acceleration of 6, and it was just rubbish so I just play till I get bored with real players.

I beat Galastray (sp) 5-1 at home in the uefa cup. Thought I'd won the tie so put a few fringe players on including Ireland, Frey, Nedum, Di Maria, SWP.

I got beat 6-1 in the second leg I couldn't believe it

TheLegendOfBerti said:
pee dubya said:

yeah I just kept finding that I could only get 3 or 4 really good re-gens, most of them were either crap technique, really bad mentally or shit physically, like all the Cbs were 5ft and couldn't head and my strikers had acceleration of 6, and it was just rubbish so I just play till I get bored with real players.

Do you scout everywhere?

Countries like India seem to produce loads of talent.

King Geedorah said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:

Do you scout everywhere?

Countries like India seem to produce loads of talent.

yeah I fill up my scout quota, send them bleeding everywhere and then at the beginning of pre-season when I get my list of new youth players I go to all the other clubs and sign all their best youngsters and just pay the compo, then just have about a dozen youth coaches to work with them, and then when they reach the reserves ship em out on loan.

Just started with city and updated database with all major signings in europe. Improved a few of the youngsters at city aswell and sent them out on 2 year loans. Recommend getting fmrte, its a program that enables you to edit things during the game and you can scout on it and it will find all the players that are going to be world class in the future. I know its kind of cheating but its very handy

Just started a new game with city, used the editor to update signings, all of city's and cole to liverpool etc. beat burnely and west ham in first 2 games of the season, kolarov scored a great free kick first game, and carlitos has been on fire in pre-season and has continued it at the start of the season with 3 in 2. Next liverpool away . . .

Gone back to Champ Manager 97/98 by the same developers that now do FM. Updated squads to as they stood on 15th July 2010 and started a game as Shrewsbury. Weird playing that game again - squad size was limited to 25 (look how things have come full circle...) and you can only have 5 transfer in negotiation at any time.

Because of the squad limit size loads of players are free transferred early on - Steve Ireland for example. No budget and the only way to improve with better players is to sell off my star players, use the cash to free transfer some other players and grab some of the top released players. Just signed a 32 year old Indian international called Bhatia. Am 3rd in league and just beat Norwich in the League Cup. City meanwhile are 9 points clear after about 16 games in the premier league and are still spending like crazy (no tansfer window = bliss) - Luca Toni, Robinho (loan players are classed as actually belonging to the loanee club in the update) and some Belgian defender the latest three.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.