Your Football Manager Seasons?

pee dubya said:
Jay-Mcfc said:
I tend to play well with a narrow width and slow tempo, so might just stick to that instead of fannying around every so often. I just drew 1-1 with Valencia who are 3rd, so I'm happy with that result, Guidetti with a 86th minute equaliser lol. Still in 14th after 26 games, 2 points behind Racing in 10th, so its fairly tight.

Narrow width and slow tempo with wingers, seems strange but whatever works i suppose.

Just had my 4th sending off in like 6 matches, got to hang on to a 1-0 lead away to Udinese....make that i've got to hang on to a 1-1 draw away at Udinese.

-- Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:47 pm --

Ah, best midfielder just got injured, this is going well.
Ha, thats what I though. But I've done well sticking to it past two games, Tosic and Weiss are doing superb coming inside. Just beat Deportivo 1-0 to go up to 11th.

Ouch. My top goal scorer Aquino got injured a few games ago, and he's out for 3 months.

EDIT: Tosic, Pele and Pernia have all reached yellow card limits. 3 of my best players, ffs.

Jay-Mcfc said:
pee dubya said:
Narrow width and slow tempo with wingers, seems strange but whatever works i suppose.

Just had my 4th sending off in like 6 matches, got to hang on to a 1-0 lead away to Udinese....make that i've got to hang on to a 1-1 draw away at Udinese.

-- Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:47 pm --

Ah, best midfielder just got injured, this is going well.
Ha, thats what I though. But I've done well sticking to it past two games, Tosic and Weiss are doing superb coming inside. Just beat Deportivo 1-0 to go up to 11th.

Ouch. My top goal scorer Aquino got injured a few games ago, and he's out for 3 months.

EDIT: Tosic, Pele and Pernia have all reached yellow card limits. 3 of my best players, ffs.

Started with Valladolid, who for all intents and purposes are shit, no new signings, got them to 9th after 30 games, just 9 points of the CL spots and my PC crashed without a save, gay.

Started a new challenge and am trying to take Northwich Vics from Blue Square North to the Champions League. It could take quite a while. Anyone any recommendations for players?

As above I always play with a slow tempo and narrow width. I'm currently managing Atletico Madrid and into my second season, I look to be consolidating my 3rd place finish from last season with another 3rd place finish this. Real and Barca basically buy anyone they want and it just seems like it's going to be impossible for me to overhaul them at any point (has anyone managed to win la liga with anyone other than the big 2?). To add to that I've just been knocked out in the last 16 of the CL by Bayern after leading 2-0 from the 1st leg before losing 3-0 in Germany. My current team. 4-2-3-1;

............................Asenjo

Srna........Otamendi............Ujfalusi(sp?)......Lopez

................Sissoko............Assuncao(sp?)

Salvio....................Aguero.....................Reyes

............................Forlan

Moussa Sissoko was a quality signing from Toulouse, as was Aquafresca on a free transfer before the board decided to sell him for 9 mil after 6 months! The right winger salvio is a quality youth product who has forced his way into the 1st team in the last few months ahead of Simao. I also forgot about the 3 limit of non-eu players in Spain so I've had to stick a quality LB Cabrera back into the U-19's!

carrconormcfc said:
As above I always play with a slow tempo and narrow width. I'm currently managing Atletico Madrid and into my second season, I look to be consolidating my 3rd place finish from last season with another 3rd place finish this. Real and Barca basically buy anyone they want and it just seems like it's going to be impossible for me to overhaul them at any point (has anyone managed to win la liga with anyone other than the big 2?). To add to that I've just been knocked out in the last 16 of the CL by Bayern after leading 2-0 from the 1st leg before losing 3-0 in Germany. My current team. 4-2-3-1;

Moussa Sissoko was a quality signing from Toulouse, as was Aquafresca on a free transfer before the board decided to sell him for 9 mil after 6 months! The right winger salvio is a quality youth product who has forced his way into the 1st team in the last few months ahead of Simao. I also forgot about the 3 limit of non-eu players in Spain so I've had to stick a quality LB Cabrera back into the U-19's!

It just takes time, i had the same problem when i first started me game, Inter and Milan were streets ahead, you've just got to wait for a few seasons, keep the board off your back and manage expectations.

I bought mainly young Italian players, only went for players from other countries when they were available on the cheap or no local altervative, and then came to my peak as both those clubs passed theirs, which meant i could over take them. If you're working on a budget unlike managing City in the Premier League, it just takes time and good signings, and also pick a system and stick with it.

Anyway, i'd sign up the best young players (18-22), from the lower La Liga teams, and get some quality coaching and play them regularly. Combine them with your best older/foreign players, but get rid of any fairly average foreign players who aren't really going to improve.

Just run away with Blue Square North with Stalybridge Celtic. Julio Eduardo Santa Cruz (on loan from Blackburn), Belal (free), and Josh Falkingham (on loan from Leeds then free after release) have been absolutely wonderful.

Playing an uncompromising, direct 4-4-2 with a 4-5-1 for tough away fixtures. With absolutely zero available for transfers, my first choice LB is 18 year old Laith Bader, who's currently paid £5 a week.

pee dubya said:
carrconormcfc said:

It just takes time, i had the same problem when i first started me game, Inter and Milan were streets ahead, you've just got to wait for a few seasons, keep the board off your back and manage expectations.

I bought mainly young Italian players, only went for players from other countries when they were available on the cheap or no local altervative, and then came to my peak as both those clubs passed theirs, which meant i could over take them. If you're working on a budget unlike managing City in the Premier League, it just takes time and good signings, and also pick a system and stick with it.

Anyway, i'd sign up the best young players (18-22), from the lower La Liga teams, and get some quality coaching and play them regularly. Combine them with your best older/foreign players, but get rid of any fairly average foreign players who aren't really going to improve.

that's really weird cos AC Milan are always shit on my game and normally finish 10th and then lower, Fiorentina are also inconsistant and Sampdoria and I've had times when the CL Spots were taken up by Genoa, Napoli, Palermo and Roma...saying that on my last game FC Utrecht won the Dutch League and Bochum got in the CL with Sporting Gijon...think they got the coding wrong in my game...

Haha, well it's Juve and Roma that turned crap on mine, Milan signed some pretty good players.

Although i am into the year 2019 now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.