Your JFK moment

I remember Nixon resigning when I was 8-ish. It was my dad's bday and he said it was the best present he's ever received.

Also, as many have said, when John Lennon was shot. A few months later I remember walking through the empty school halls after school and a teacher saying that Reagan had been shot.

9/11 for for me
i was working for Dixons at the time(st anns sq in town)
when the 2nd plane hit live we had around 15 t.v's showing it
unbelievable
within 20mins there was about 100 people in the shop just watching it unfold
it was so busy we had to close the shop and let people out of the back door
went home and city were on tv against notts county(?) but i just had sky news on till about 2am
only time when city were on tv and i never watched them

My first is when Elvis died.

I was 7 years old and in the car with my mum and stepdad on atrip to the coast and they couldn't fathom out why the radio station was playing purely Elvis songs and nothing else.

Stopped at a newsagents to buy a newspaper and it was the headline that Elvis was dead - I remember my mum shedding a tear.

However, the weirdest JFK moment for me was.....

... When Jill Dando died.

I remember being at work, a lorry driver told us the news and for some bizarre reason, I was rooted to the spot!!

Why Jill Dando of all people, I have no idea!!

Like many its Diana and 9/11 for me. Was at school when 9/11 happened and teachers were just stood in silence watching it on the TV, didnt realise the full extent of it untill I got home - just after the second one hit. Really really surreal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.