Your JFK moment

The Apollo 11 Moon landing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjtJ3GTT5ms[/youtube]

I was 4, and it made we want to be an astronaut and nothing has ever changed that!

Do you think the Sheik might run a raffle for a City fan to go on the Virgin Galactic? *yearn*

Strange thing but when I was young I wanted to be in the Olympics. I guess it had to do with the fact all the countries coming together and it seemed all so exotic at the time. So one of the first thing I remember is the hostages being taken and the subsequent massacre of the Israeli athletes in Muncih 1972. I was 10 at the time.

On a lighter note if anyone can remember the absolute theft in the gold medal basketball game. The silver medals are STILL in a vault in Switzerland. It was a Rag like Old Nafford one eyed ref type of theft!!

As the OP said, would have to be the Challenger for me. I remember being in school and they wheeled in all these TV's so we could watch the coverage. I was chuffed at first thinking I was getting out of class, then realized why.

The other two moments would have to be the Oklahoma City bombing and then 9/11. Then to a lesser extent the Space Shuttle Columbia explosion as I was in England at the time and I just remember feeling like I needed to go home to Chicago . . . . . national pride and all that.

Diana for me. I was a paperboy and we had to wait for the Express to come in as they were doing a late edition.

After that it was 9/11. I was at work when my area manager worked into the shop and said 'put the t.v on a plane has flown into the twin towers.' And so we spent all afternoon watching events unfold, then seeing the second plane fly into the other one.

Diana's death, the girlfriends sister felt we needed to know so kindly rang us - thanks for that you stupid twat.

9/11, only two of us working that day. Heard it on the radio, dashed over to have a look on the internet, received a quarter of an image and half a page of text before it ground to a complete halt for the rest of the afternoon.

Vague memories of Heysel.

Vaguely recall the Challenger , was 8 or 9.

Then the Berlin Wall, didnt reallly understand it at all but my parents were well-chuffed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.