Your JFK moment

tv:am, nick owen and anne diamond 1989 reporting the fall of the berlin wall........ and not having a clue at the time what was going on and demanding my mother fucking weetabix to my mum who was transfixed.

Mine waqs when Ted Kennedy shot Mary Jo Chappaquiddick on a grassy knoll but the FBI covered it up.

all the way through the 80's the cold war. i really thought we all had it.

Tiannaman Square was the first real political event i remember. 1989 so I was 9 years of age. I thought it was called Chinaman Square at the time and my parents didnt correct me. I didnt really understand it anyway

I remember Diana's death - I was about 9 and I had a football match that morning.

9/11 - got on the train back from school and someone said 'Two planes have crashed in America' - I just thought it was a weird coincidence until I got off the train and saw the Station pub filled with people watching the TV.

I'll never forget the takeover - but thats for reasons unsuitable before the watershed.

liamctid said:
I remember Diana's death - I was about 9 and I had a football match that morning.

9/11 - got on the train back from school and someone said 'Two planes have crashed in America' - I just thought it was a weird coincidence until I got off the train and saw the Station pub filled with people watching the TV.

I'll never forget the takeover - but thats for reasons unsuitable before the watershed.
I was working T2 at the Airport on nights when at 0400 I turned tv from MTV to Sky News, first passengers coming through, just at that moment it was confirmed she had died. I have never known such an eerie silence all day. Thousands of people and you could hear a pin drop.
9/11- took the day off with hangover, woke at 1345 and put news on, just in time to see first reports of Tower 1. If I had of been in work I would've been talking to people in New Jersey. Not sure which is worse, seeing it or knowing I would've been talking to someone who would've witnessed it. Could possibly have been speaking to someone IN one of the Towers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.