Your own personal favourite memory of this wonderful season.

Tbilisi

Getting bricked at Leeds after Donachie scored
Team supported
City and Darlington FC
Mine was just before the semi final.

I texted my closest friends(lived in a few places after leaving Manc aged 8,im now 50 having watched for 46 years) as the teams came out which said " My dear friends,I have asked the Big Man upstairs for some help today,hope hes listening"

My oldest school friend texted me back "Elvis is always taking care of business"

I knew then we would win,couldnt get the smile off my face.

1)for three weeks before the semi in my ict lesson at school a rag fan was going were gonna batter you, its gonna be a long journey home, treble this year, 35 years etc.. he didnt go to the match and the week after i sat there in the lesson he walked in and my ict teacher a mahoosive blue just played yaya's goal on youtube for the whole lesson. was hilarious best part of my season.
2) de jongs goal

i cant choose between the two.

Peter Crouch's sweet 3 yard finish to secure Champions League.

De Jong's performance in the final.

Yaya Toure's donkey dick striking the winner in the final

the roundabout before the semi final was pretty awesome, there were some cracking away days (west ham and newcastle my top 2 of the season) and great home games

the celbrations after the final whistle in the final take it for me tho, ahead of the semi, it was an awesome sight and to be fair to wembley, thay put on a great 'show' that really added to the occaission.

panzer1311 said:
Yaya's left foot , the final whistle in the Final , 35 yrs of pain finally over

This, x 1000.

As the final went on, I just knew the final score would be 1 -0. I was crapping myself that they would nick a scruffy goal from a hoof upfield (Etherington/Jones had me very worried) or a throw in or corner. When Yaya scored I really thought there would be no more scoring. By the time I had come down after the excitement of that Delap had come off and I thought that that was that. Not that I thought they would, but even if they had scraped an equaliser I knew in extra time, them without Delap, we would do them. It was still nice when the whistle went, and when Carlos lifted the cup, and when they unfurled the ¦0¦0¦ Years banner, but the high point was the goal.

If you said 'okay, not the final or the semi final', I'd say beating Chelsea at home. They were the champions at the time, were unbeaten, had been whupping everybody 4,5 or 6 - 0 and were according to the press a shoe in to retain the title. And we didn't just beat them, we were better than them.

panzer1311 said:
Yaya's left foot , the final whistle in the Final , 35 yrs of pain finally over

This and cracking open the champaigne at the final whistle.

After the semi final and walking down the stairs from the upper tier with everyone singing
I've never felt more like singing the blues

and the spectacle of the final with all the flags at both ends

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.