Your own personal favourite memory of this wonderful season.

bluecarlos61 said:
Gotta be the semi. I feel a bit of a dick for saying this but even after so long without a trophy the final was a bit of an anti-climax for me. Not sure whether its because we were favourites or just because the semi was against scum.

One things for certain though, if I could relive any of tose days again it'd be the semi, no doubt.

Do I sound a dick or does anyone feel the same?

Shed a sneaky tear or two at the final whistle of both though ;o)

We felt a bit like this. The feeling was the same when Yaya scored but the emotion at the final whistle was different. I was much more pumped up after the semi whereas it was more a sense of relief and finality after the final. The game against United was much more dramatic as you felt they could (and would) nick a goal at any time so when they didn't it was amazing. We controlled the final from start to finish so it was just a case of seeing the game out, although more nerve-racking than a normal game it wasn't a pinch on the semi.

The best moments for me were Yaya's goals, I couldn't pick between them. The goal in the semi-final was brilliant because I'd been feeling so pessimistic in the week leading up to the game that I wasn't expecting anything and when the ball rolled over the line ..... well, I'd never felt such a surge of joy, adrenaline, happiness, emotion all in one go, it was the single happiest moment of my life and like everyone around me I went absolutely mental. The goal in the final caused the same feelings but for different reasons. We dominated the game for so long without scoring that I started to think it wasn't going to be our day, and then the ball fell perfectly for that man and he struck it perfectly. I'm sure everyone will have seen the goals hundreds of times but the view from behind shows how small the gap that the ball went through was. It was carnage again, it was like that was the moment we'd won the cup as I didn't think Stoke could score.

It was funny really because my brother and I have these strange sort of prophetic feelings from time to time. When we played Chelsea at home and Tevez picked the ball up on the half way line I looked at him and said "This is it" and Carlos went on to score the only goal of the game in that attack. Similar things have happened in another couple of games but in the final when Tevez plays the ball inside to De Jong who looked up for Silva, my brother looked up to me (he couldn't stand for nerves) and said "This is it" and the rest as they say is history.

Go to 2:30, the noise makes the hairs on my arms stand up:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZvLOdurPmA&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

peterctid said:
The whistle at the end of the semi. I cried like a baby.

The girl I went with (I'd recently split up with her after around 4 years) turned to me on 80(ish) minutes and asked me if I was ok, I replied with "yeah why?" at which point she said "your eyes have welled up and your lips shaking", 4 years and she hadn't seen me in the state I was in for that last 10 minutes, then the tears of joy at the final whistle!!

Family stuff aside, by far the best moment of my life, not just last season.

(the semi was the moment for me as I was at Wembley, added to the fact it was against United)

Meeting my brother outside Wembley after the final (we were in different tiers) and being able to celebrate winning something for the first time in both of our lives.

so many every game really but if i had to pick one, it'd be the wolves game my mums (season ticket holder 1958-72) first game back after breast cancer

kenzie115 said:
bluecarlos61 said:
Gotta be the semi. I feel a bit of a dick for saying this but even after so long without a trophy the final was a bit of an anti-climax for me. Not sure whether its because we were favourites or just because the semi was against scum.

One things for certain though, if I could relive any of tose days again it'd be the semi, no doubt.

Do I sound a dick or does anyone feel the same?

Shed a sneaky tear or two at the final whistle of both though ;o)

We felt a bit like this. The feeling was the same when Yaya scored but the emotion at the final whistle was different. I was much more pumped up after the semi whereas it was more a sense of relief and finality after the final. The game against United was much more dramatic as you felt they could (and would) nick a goal at any time so when they didn't it was amazing. We controlled the final from start to finish so it was just a case of seeing the game out, although more nerve-racking than a normal game it wasn't a pinch on the semi.

The best moments for me were Yaya's goals, I couldn't pick between them. The goal in the semi-final was brilliant because I'd been feeling so pessimistic in the week leading up to the game that I wasn't expecting anything and when the ball rolled over the line ..... well, I'd never felt such a surge of joy, adrenaline, happiness, emotion all in one go, it was the single happiest moment of my life and like everyone around me I went absolutely mental. The goal in the final caused the same feelings but for different reasons. We dominated the game for so long without scoring that I started to think it wasn't going to be our day, and then the ball fell perfectly for that man and he struck it perfectly. I'm sure everyone will have seen the goals hundreds of times but the view from behind shows how small the gap that the ball went through was. It was carnage again, it was like that was the moment we'd won the cup as I didn't think Stoke could score.

It was funny really because my brother and I have these strange sort of prophetic feelings from time to time. When we played Chelsea at home and Tevez picked the ball up on the half way line I looked at him and said "This is it" and Carlos went on to score the only goal of the game in that attack. Similar things have happened in another couple of games but in the final when Tevez plays the ball inside to De Jong who looked up for Silva, my brother looked up to me (he couldn't stand for nerves) and said "This is it" and the rest as they say is history.

Go to 2:30, the noise makes the hairs on my arms stand up:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZvLOdurPmA&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

Thats exactly what I wanted to say but didnt have time (at work) or talent to put it in words so well. Great post. Take a bow sir

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.