Your own personal favourite memory of this wonderful season.

panzer1311 said:
Yaya's left foot , the final whistle in the Final , 35 yrs of pain finally over
This one?
7zNfYl.jpg

And a larger version;
<a class="postlink" href="http://i.imgur.com/7zNfY.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i.imgur.com/7zNfY.jpg</a>

liamctid said:
A great moment of ecstacy this season which has been forgotten a bit (I can't blame anyone for picking the semi or final though!) is when Silva put us 3-1 up away at Blackpool. We went fucking mental after all three goals that day. At this point I think we were 6 points clear of United, and our fans were all singing Malcolm Allisons name, just two days after he died. Goosebumps.

that was a great moment,esp the Allison chants which were defiant and very loud.

A sad day for a friend who had lost her husband the week before-she made it to the match but had to leave mid-way thru 2nd half,prob the combination of the allison chants/memories and her own personal grief. the funeral took place a week after blackpool in Stretford and the turn out from football fans up and down the country was a huge mark of respect. RIP Pat.

I do remember each goal being celebrated in a mental fashion-something to do with that seaside air...

The final whistle,a cup won at last looking at the joy on my daughters faces,thirty years of winning nowt/big hug then I looked round saw a banner hanging from level 2 "Absent friends,not forgotten" broke down completely.

Both the visits to Wembley, the whole day itself.

Confirming champions league against Spuds.

De Jong v West Ham.

Silva's goal v Blackpool, must have watched it 50 times that week.

Europa league game v Red Bull Salzburg, probably the COLDEST night ever since i've been alive, and the memorable ALAN.

No being able to take my eyes off the Lech Poznan fans, amazing.

F.A Cup v Reading, even though it takes the shine off the final, knowing we were going to Wembley for the first time in years.

all of it from start to finish has been fantastic, best moments gotta be the semi and the final though, realising we are no longer "typical city" when the whistle blew against stoke :')

The second that goal went in against United at Wembley, me and a fellow BMer(sorr, forgot his username) Just grabbed each other and nearly ended up recreating that scene from Brokeback Mountain.

We quickly parted, coughed and sat down again. But what a moment.

The final whistle came a close second.

panzer1311 said:
Yaya's left foot , the final whistle in the Final , 35 yrs of pain finally over

There can only be 1 answer. There were many great moments, but Ive waited 35 years for that, and it was as wonderful as I had hoped!

dom said:
Actually, the Bolton win....

as , despite the exstacy of the FA cup win, that emphatic victory, I could still see us buggering up the Stoke and Bolton games to end up like Blue scouse , messing up the CL qualifier and being mocked by all and sundry

With two emphatic wins, us overtaking the Arse, level on points with Chleski and a guaranteed CL place in the group stage, was real confirmation that the new chapter has well and truly arrived.

yeah, right....................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.