Your top 5 games of the 13-14 season.

Newcastle home first game of season set the tone of how we played and goal scoring

Bayern away proved we can stand up and be counted against the big boys(especially after the home game)

Rags at home for aguero's goal and the way we totally dominated them

Hull away proved we had the mental strength to win the league and was where Demichelis stood up and proved he had something to offer the team

Everton away a long awaited win at a difficult place to win at at a time we needed it most

Manchester City 6-3 Arsenal

As well as being a future Premier League classic, this game was actually a huge surprise for me. For my mum's 50th, my dad got us seats in the Legends' Lounge for the game. We had a pre-match meal, met Joe Corrigan and Richard Edgehill, were waited on hand and foot by the wonderful staff and got to watch the game from a great place. The came the game - 9 goals, a penalty, plenty of action and we even met the rarest of all creatures: nice Arsenal fans.

Managed to catch Yaya's penalty on video as well (1:29):

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiTevcQqNaI[/video]

Manchester City 3-1 Sunderland (League Cup champions)
Any game that sees us win a trophy is going to be one of my favourites of the season. But regardless of that, any trip down to Wembley is special. The excitement, the buzz, the feeling of walking among the ghosts of historical glory. And then winning on that turf? A priceless feeling. Yaya Toure's goal in that game is the greatest goal I've seen live in front of my eyes, and the celebrations after Nasri's? #Limbs. And then the drive back in the dark listening to Neutral Milk Hotel. A special day.

Managed to get the final whistle:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev5Uk8dkWcY[/video]

Manchester City 2-0 West Ham
A wonderfully calm way to cap off the season in all honesty. A wonderful goal to start the party atmosphere and a feeling that the heroics displayed against QPR just weren't going to be necessary. A wonderful day and representative of the nature of the club now, that togetherness and holistic attitude which is going to take us into the beyond. This one is the start of a dynasty.

Manchester City 4-1 Manchester United
I was hugely worried going into this game. We were terrible against any Moyes sides really and we were both in a patchy run of form, but that explosive display either side of half time that saw us go from 1-0 to 4-0 was utterly mind-blowing. The celebration after Nasri's volley was insane, everyone jumping on each other and around the aisles. We really put the boot down that day, more so than on the day of the 6-1.

Everton 2-3 Manchester City
After this I really started to believe that we'd do it. When Barkley scored I wasn't hugely bothered, and even when Aguero equalised I didn't celebrate so much, but after Dzeko's header I was jumping all around the place and a nervous wreck for the rest of the game. I celebrated so hard for Dzeko's header that I ended up poleaxed on the floor after falling off my dining room chair. When the final whistle went I think that was not on the game over, but the final whistle on Liverpool's title hopes as well.

Crystal Palace 3-3 Liverpool
I went from panicking about Liverpool scoring 7 goals to jumping 10 feet across my flat celebrating Dwight Gayle's second goal. What a night, the night we were handed the trophy.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr4Fi6OM0eA[/video]

Arsenal (H)
Rags (H)
Bayern (A)
Everton (A)
Liverpool (H)

Honorable mention:
Rags (A)
Spurs (A)
Spurs (H)
Newcastle (H)

Arsenal 6-3
Bayern 2-3
Rags 4-1
Everton 2-3
Palace 0-2

Hull away was also a gooden, same goes with rags away
and Chelsea in the fa cup since there was agro on and off the pitch between both sets of fans and obviously villa at home

I can't do this in any order but hey ho...

United at home was just such a one sided performance it was unreal.

United away was even more of a one sided performance but by this point we knew they weren't a threat to what we needed to do.

Palace away was when I knew things had swung our way.

Everton away. Perhaps the top of the list.

Aston Villa at home. In the driving rain. The night I knew we'd win the title. Fantastic feeling.

But so many other amazing moments as well. It's been a fantastic season. Lets not forget the League Cup win as well.

Hmmm. Tough one, that. But in roughly this order: Liverpool at home, Liverpool at home. Then probably Liverpool at home. Then it's at toss up between Liverpool at home and Liverpool at home, Oh, honourable mention to Liverpool away. I mean it all ;-)

tasu2aty.jpg

ja5edure.jpg

sy7era6a.jpg

Munich away, just for the laugh.

Let me expound a little more seriously. There were a few games this season that took my breath away. I've said it before on this forum and I'll say it again. For periods of those matches, it was the best football I've ever seen a City team play. But it's not really possible for me to pick out five matches, because I can honestly say, with the exception of Munich at home, and maybe Sunderland, there was not one single match this season where I didn't think that we could turn it round. I even felt we could have turned it round against Chelsea. So that's where we're at now. The dusty old cliche uttered by Vinny and others, was put into practice, week in, week out: one match at a time.
I really don't think the media quite realised what we achieved. Neville, for one, said we had a wobbly defence. We ended up with the second best defence, after Chelsea. The media raved about Liverpool's attacking football. We scored one more goal than them (in the Premiership - forget the other fifty or so in other competitions!) Those statistics do not lie. It was the best season in the history of this club.
If I have a weakness for the Liverpool game, it was because - I admit - I was at it ( a doubtful criterion, of course), but also because it was so tight that I didn't enjoy it, not at all. When that final whistle went, though, I had a massive sense of the value of this team, and the values of this club.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Let me expound a little more seriously. There were a few games this season that took my breath away. I've said it before on this forum and I'll say it again. For periods of those matches, it was the best football I've ever seen a City team play. But it's not really possible for me to pick out five matches, because I can honestly say, with the exception of Munich at home, and maybe Sunderland, there was not one single match this season where I didn't think that we could turn it round. I even felt we could have turned it round against Chelsea. So that's where we're at now. The dusty old cliche uttered by Vinny and others, was put into practice, week in, week out: one match at a time.
I really don't think the media quite realised what we achieved. Neville, for one, said we had a wobbly defence. We ended up with the second best defence, after Chelsea. The media raved about Liverpool's attacking football. We scored one more goal than them (in the Premiership - forget the other fifty or so in other competitions!) Those statistics do not lie. It was the best season in the history of this club.
If I have a weakness for the Liverpool game, it was because - I admit - I was at it ( a doubtful criterion, of course), but also because it was so tight that I didn't enjoy it, not at all. When that final whistle went, though, I had a massive sense of the value of this team, and the values of this club.
So many highs on the football front it's hard to pick last season, that's why I went for the experience, so much good football at times it was mind numbing, I'm still getting over 2011/2012, Newcastle away blew my head apart, probably the Rags last year for me, but being away with friends in Munich was special, I enjoy the social side and sometimes the memories can be just as strong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.