Your top 5 games of the 13-14 season.

1) villa at home - best atmosphere i've seen in a long, long time.
2) arsenal at home - scoreline speaks for itself, unbelievable game of football
3) united away - the intensity we started was brilliant
4) munich away - first trip to germany
5) spurs away - cos i fucking hate spurs

West Ham home-for the celebrations and night out after....

Sunderland Wembley- at half time I thought we were going to lose. Great 60 seconds in 2nd half. Mad celebrations when Nasri scored.

Rags 4-1 - never tire of beating them

Arsenal 6-3 great game from two footballing sides

Chelsea 2-0 cup - total dominance from start to finish

Rags (H) Bossed
Arsenal (H) Bossed
Hull (A) Important win after going down to 10 men so early
Rags (A) Double bossed
Everton (A) Where we won it imo

Rags at home, first real examination of Pellegrini and Moyes and we bossed it.
Bayern away, were outplayed at home but went and beat the European champions in Munich for a memorable victory and to put to bed our "shite in Europe" tag. It also marked the start of a great transformation in form and results.
Arsenal at home. Bit battle at the time and was end to end. Great performance, great win and entertaining game.
Liverpool at home. At the time it was a huge game but it became even more important as the season progressed. A hard working performance and our strong mentality saw us through.
Everton away. Not many times this season we have been completely under the cosh or outplayed. We sat back and defended extremely well and showed the desire and determination to win the league. A poor record at Goodison generally and to fight back from 1-0 down was incredible.

Other games;

Rags away
Sunderland league cup
West Ham 6-0 semi final first leg
Palace away

A bit amazed that no one is picking out Liverpool away. It's not only the result that counts. We had them terrified from the thirty fifth minute to end, barring Vinny's mistake. We showed such a spirit, did not fold after going two down, as so many others did at Anfield. It may sound weird, but that was where I thought, "Yes. We do indeed fight to the end. This is not over yet, not by a long chalk."

Fame Monster said:
ForzaMancini said:
Fame Monster said:
Best performance of the season was Barca away for me.

Honourable mention to Spurs away.

?

Not sure what I need to elaborate on unless you only saw the score.

David Silva - 10/10, Fernandinho - 9/10, Kompany - great game, Zab kept Iniesta anonymous until he got sent off.

Some of the football we played that game was the best we've played for a long time, which is what I'm basing my opinion on. Probably won't get many mentions, but our performance that night was lightyears ahead of the way we performed at Everton or Palace - the only difference was the quality of the opposition and the result.

That said, every single player had a great game against Spurs away and it could have been 15-1 if Dzeko had put away all his chances so I should probably put that first.

Not sure I agree - Barca was one of my top games but for different reasons, it was my first European Away trip. Don't remember being awestruck by the quality of football - I would certainly put 6 or 7 games ahead of that match

Agree with you on Spurs though, fantastic throughout

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.