Your very favourite City game of all time, and why?

• Thread starter Deleted member 13905
  • Start date
Blackburn away on Easter Monday 1995 sticks in my memories.

I remember ripping a tooth out eating a fucking creme egg before the game, and then going up to Ewood Park in pain and a particularly pissed off mood.

Jack Walker Rovers were well on the way to winning the league that season, and we weren’t expecting to get much other than good hiding up there.

The weather was utter shite (typical bank holiday stuff), and the pitch that night was at best borderline. Anyway despite going behind twice, we came back and eventually won 3-2
The scoreline flattered Blackburn. We were all over them!

1-0 v Rags in the 2011/12 season. I’ll happily admit I missed Kompany’s goal as I was buying a pint. The atmosphere afterwards was incredible.

Tough call
Charlton 5-1 at home for total relaxation. Only rivalled by Edin’s four at Spurs or Ipswich away under Keegan in the cup
For stress, the Blackburn promotion game, Aguero 2012 and Gundo last season. The semi against the odd lot
For limbs, Micah’s equaliser at Villa
For Kippax fun the Ipswich rained off game, or pretty much any game in the Swales out era
A random top night was Villa away midweek when Distin scored, really fun awayday

The win over Arsenal where Adebayor ran and presented himself to the warm embrace of the away fans. I decided to become a City fan as the kickoff occurred. I think the next 8 matches were draws, srsly.

Very favourite is tricky - but an early moment that left me going Wow was Derby home in 1972 - it was the first time I'd seen Maine Road packed and buzzing. Platt Lane returned to a standing terrace and I watched the game standing on one of the benches, hanging onto a railing to get a better view - but it meant I had a brilliant view of Rodney Marsh's best goal as a City player.

I know it's obvious and I know it's too easy to say, but it's the 6-1 every time for me.

Special mentions to the 4-1 Blackburn game in the promotion season and the 7-2 Stoke game for just for the sheer ridiculousness

Not going to say any of the tight wins or comebacks because they weren't really enjoyable until afterwards!

The thing I remember most about that game was my grandad trying to fight a couple of scousers who were sat in our seats in the Platt Lane. Quite an eye opener for a 9 year old
I never realised that the Platt Lane Stand had numbered seats. It didn’t when last sat there, probably in the end late 1960s?

A lot of fabulous memories here.

I really enjoyed Stoke at home in Division 2. 28th December, I think. The whole ground just seemed to decide we had to do something. Blues getting together and making the difference in that way was a joy to behold.

The 3-3 at Walsall was good fun. Nigel Gleghorn was a good lad. It was a mad game of football that.

Anyone else at Notts County when Simmo scored two?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.