Your very favourite City game of all time, and why?

• Thread starter Deleted member 13905
  • Start date
As a part-timer, I don't have hundreds of games to choose from, unlike most of you I presume. But I've still managed to be at some crackers. Two games that spring to mind were both Blackburn away.

First one was the midweek game the season Rovers won the Premier League and we beat them 3-2. Amazing atmosphere, and the road back seemed to just be celebrating City fans.

And the more obvious end-of-season win at Ewood Park to clinch promotion when I was sat in the Blackburn home stand with about 5 other City fans!
Yes I too loved thar 3-2 at Ewood Park. Partly because City played so well and partly because it was so hnexpectdd.

5-1 against the rags
The 3-2 title win is obvious.
David Whites 4 against Villa was very special but for sheer euphoria the Gillingham game takes some beating. I didn't just end up a few rows away from my seat after Dickovs goal I think I was in a different stand. After years of heartache that's the one for me
To add also the noise and mayhem on the Kippax as we scored 2 in 2 minutes v Everton in the 81 Cup replay was incredible. Don't think I've heard louder......."were on the march with John Bond's army......

I was at Aguero, Dickov, Gundogan, the United semi, all the big ones except the 6-1

But the game i had the most fun at was the win at Elland Road when Wanchope scored. The rest there was pressure, expectation, worry…that game where Paul Ritchie was world class was completely unexpected. Loved every minute.

To add also the noise and mayhem on the Kippax as we scored 2 in 2 minutes v Everton in the 81 Cup replay was incredible. Don't think I've heard louder......."were on the march with John Bond's army......
The thing I remember most about that game was my grandad trying to fight a couple of scousers who were sat in our seats in the Platt Lane. Quite an eye opener for a 9 year old

10/06/2023
Champions League Final
Manchester City smash Inter
Unforgettable night in Istanbul
Amazing Erling
History has been made..Extraordinary Treble!!

Maybe City 1 United 0 August 2007, Geovanni with the winner. Retrospectively thinking might have been the start of things changing. Was my best mate's birthday and had a brilliant messy one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.