Your worst personal moment this season

The FA cup hurt but it was a good day out and at least it was Wigan we lost too. Southampton away was an absolute shocker. Has to be the worst performance since the sheikh has been in charge.

jimharri said:
Pelly Greeny said:
jimharri said:
I was at that game and the performance was definitely below par, which became the norm for the season. But the worst moment of the season? I envy you if that's the case.

It was an interview with baconface before the season started - he'd said something along the lines of how City would struggle after winning the title as it can affect players attitudes in a bad way. He said that the rags were used to it now and could handle the expectation whereas we wouldn't.

There was something about his comment that made it stick in my mind - probably because it was one of the few times he wasn't slagging off a ref that hadn't played by his rules or sticking up for one of his players that had somehow avoided a nailed-on red card.

That game and the atmosphere made me wonder if we the fans, let alone the players on the pitch, could handle it as the atmosphere was very poor considering it was the first game of the new season and we were reigning champions.

That was the day that the doubt started and nothing really happened after that to make me think the old pisscan was wrong.

Am hoping that a new manager, a couple of new players and the realisation that we were shit last season will give whoever is left a kick up the arse and we see some of the football we were treated to 2011/12 season.
I could name five or six moments off the top of my head that are far far worse than that. St Mary's, Goodison (yet again), Stadium of Light (yet again), Swansea (yet again),Van Persie's last minute winner against us, last summer's transfer window, QPR away, West Ham away, the Cup Final shambles etc etc. Give me 10 minutes or so and I could probably come up with as many again, all of them putting the opening game in the shade in terms of rank ''worseness''.

I know what you mean about those and I share your pain ;-)

Those were painful moments at the time - an immediate gut wrenching feeling that hit you there and then.

What I'm saying is that on reflection over the whole season, that the first game was pretty much what we were going to have to put up with all season and that bacon chops appeared to have been ........ ( I can't say it - but you know what that word is).

The reason I chose it as my worst moment was that, looking back, my awful feeling that things weren't going to get any better than that match was correct. For so many years my hopes and aspirations for the team was not to get relegated and maybe we could beat the rags at least once that season preferably in the league or in a cup game if we weren't in the same division. For the first time we'd gone into a season with a squad more than capable of winning all three domestic trophies and having a decent run in the CL - all backed up by the bookies too!

Waking up on Sunday morning in the Quality Hotel Wembley, opening the curtains with a massive hangover to see Wembley stadium. The thought that I had blown over £800 taking 4 of us to see that shambles of a performance.

guvnors son mcfc said:
Waking up on Sunday morning in the Quality Hotel Wembley, opening the curtains with a massive hangover to see Wembley stadium. The thought that I had blown over £800 taking 4 of us to see that shambles of a performance.
I had a similar feeling sitting in a MacD's on Bath Road, Hillingdon having my bacon roll meal on the sunday morning after the final. It was my ''what the fuck was that'' moment. Nearer to £300, but that was just me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.