Your worst personal moment this season

jimharri said:
Pelly Greeny said:
First game of the season - something just didn't feel right and I had an awful feeling that, as we would never match the euphoria of that last few minutes against QPR, it was going to be difficult to get the momentum going again.

The rags goal at home was a pisser, oddly the FA Cup result didn't surprise me so I wasn't that bothered - maybe the lacklustre displys all season had prepared me for what would have otherwise have been a devastating result.
I was at that game and the performance was definitely below par, which became the norm for the season. But the worst moment of the season? I envy you if that's the case.

It was an interview with baconface before the season started - he'd said something along the lines of how City would struggle after winning the title as it can affect players attitudes in a bad way. He said that the rags were used to it now and could handle the expectation whereas we wouldn't.

There was something about his comment that made it stick in my mind - probably because it was one of the few times he wasn't slagging off a ref that hadn't played by his rules or sticking up for one of his players that had somehow avoided a nailed-on red card.

That game and the atmosphere made me wonder if we the fans, let alone the players on the pitch, could handle it as the atmosphere was very poor considering it was the first game of the new season and we were reigning champions.

That was the day that the doubt started and nothing really happened after that to make me think the old pisscan was wrong.

Am hoping that a new manager, a couple of new players and the realisation that we were shit last season will give whoever is left a kick up the arse and we see some of the football we were treated to 2011/12 season.

Both trips to liverpool.. 1st I got held at the train station until my wife went back to get my "papers" as they put it using world war 2 slang,
proving I wasn't an illegal as apparently a lot of people overstay visas and go squat in vacant houses in that shitty town .

At Goodison they turned me away suggesting I was too drunk to get in. Was probably truthful but still shitty. Went to the wine bar(i think)down the road and got to take it in with the local trash who gathered there.

Watching any game when we were unable to keep possession for 20 minutes or more. Especially when we were playing a "lesser" team who were just trying harder. There wasn't enough movement from the midfield and forwards at times, especially without David Silva.
Two games stand out when I went with high hopes of watching a huge City win - Southampton and the FA cup final.
Put money on us to win the final 8-0 at 200-1. I think I should frame the betting slip.

Even though I shelled out £85 on my FA cup final ticket and we played not near enough to our capabilities it has to be Southampton away. Horrible feeling knowing that none of the players looked like they gave a toss and handed our trophy to the scum. Hope we don't see anything like that again next season was absolutely livid after that game.

Pelly Greeny said:
jimharri said:
Pelly Greeny said:
First game of the season - something just didn't feel right and I had an awful feeling that, as we would never match the euphoria of that last few minutes against QPR, it was going to be difficult to get the momentum going again.

The rags goal at home was a pisser, oddly the FA Cup result didn't surprise me so I wasn't that bothered - maybe the lacklustre displys all season had prepared me for what would have otherwise have been a devastating result.
I was at that game and the performance was definitely below par, which became the norm for the season. But the worst moment of the season? I envy you if that's the case.

It was an interview with baconface before the season started - he'd said something along the lines of how City would struggle after winning the title as it can affect players attitudes in a bad way. He said that the rags were used to it now and could handle the expectation whereas we wouldn't.

There was something about his comment that made it stick in my mind - probably because it was one of the few times he wasn't slagging off a ref that hadn't played by his rules or sticking up for one of his players that had somehow avoided a nailed-on red card.

That game and the atmosphere made me wonder if we the fans, let alone the players on the pitch, could handle it as the atmosphere was very poor considering it was the first game of the new season and we were reigning champions.

That was the day that the doubt started and nothing really happened after that to make me think the old pisscan was wrong.

Am hoping that a new manager, a couple of new players and the realisation that we were shit last season will give whoever is left a kick up the arse and we see some of the football we were treated to 2011/12 season.
I could name five or six moments off the top of my head that are far far worse than that. St Mary's, Goodison (yet again), Stadium of Light (yet again), Swansea (yet again),Van Persie's last minute winner against us, last summer's transfer window, QPR away, West Ham away, the Cup Final shambles etc etc. Give me 10 minutes or so and I could probably come up with as many again, all of them putting the opening game in the shade in terms of rank ''worseness''.

That Ajax match away was shocking.We played all 4 strikers in the last 15 minutes.There was quite a lot of away matches where we were shocking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.