You're in Garry Cook's shoes .....

Re: Your in Garry Cook's shoes .....

BlueMark said:
Right guys,

I thought this might be a little thought provoking for a few of us. Lets assume we do complete the Nasri deal, where if anywhere do you feel we still need strengthening ?

I am going to ask you to be realistic here (hence no Messi, Ronaldo type comments) but who would you like to see added to our squad and in what positions.

Personally I think we are done.......

I personally believe our midfield is all that needs strengthening. Nige and Yaya both need understudies and I think we can upgrade on Barry.

i would say, why the fuck are the ticket office pissing our fans off by waiting till the last minute to sending out season tickets & Bolton still not got ours (Bolton that is)

Kun Aguero said:
Should it not be name "Your in Roberto Mancini's shoes...."?

Not really, we aren't run like the rags or a typical English club. I'm glad of it to be honest, not because of any slight on Mancini, but it's just a better way to be run, like Marwood once said - when other clubs sack a manager they have to start from square one again, we'll never be in that position.

Saying that Mancini is obviously an important input into transfers too.

Is this one of those deals where you're suddenly in Cook's shoes without warning, like Quantum Leap? Trying to figure out what's going on? Where you are?

I suppose I'd check my wallet for identification, or look in a mirror and hope to recognize my reflection. Then I guess I'd try interacting with people - sussing out where this man's future needed intervention - and make the appropriate adjustments so that I could leap out of his shoes, hoping once more that the next leap took me home... or one step closer.

I'd hope he hasn't got really small feet or I'd get the skin rubbed off and that can be pretty sore.

Football wise, Nasri in and if Tevez stays, I reckon that's us done.

I'd make sure we ship out Adebayor, Bellamy, Bridge and SWP. If Tevez can be traded then this needs doing as soon as poss but the right man needs bringing in.

I hope if Tevez goes then we can bring in an experienced striker for cover. Drogba would be ideal for the Premier league and in Europe.

If we bring in players to strengthen the team then Robben, Schweinsteiger and Lahm are still quality players but we could really do with finding the next generation of players like the above players.

Martinez sounds like a good future player from accounts on here and reports after the U21 tournement. Lavezzi could be another one for this window too !

Rammy Blue said:
You're

;-P

Personally I think we are a world class centre half short of being complete, however I think that would be a signing that could wait until Jan.

cheeky, but right re:you're ! ;-p

as for the CB I agree but not sure what top draw CB would move in Jan and wouldnt be unavailable for CL......

i8rags said:
Cook does not pick our team. thread is useless.

So Cook has no influence oir involvement in what we do ?

As another poster has mentioned we are not run like a 'usual' English club where the manager has full reign. Cook and MArwood are both heavily involved. Granted Mancicni will name the players but the reason I said you're in Cooks shoes is because he has a budget to control and does the negotiating, hence the 'realistic' names too.

So, oh worldy wise one, care to pass comment ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.