You're the weakest link...goodbye

I was living abroad at the time of the banner and never saw it.

Always used to have a soft spot for Ipswich since the days of Bobby Robson with Muhren and Thjissen. They used to play pretty good football and it made a great change from Liverpool.
There will only ever be one banner that City fans should get fucked off about. It was there for years and years until we shoved it up their arse.

A banner from a little club in Suffolk means absolutely fuck all other than a bit of banter towards who they saw as a giant club going down the shitter.

It’s quite disturbing how some have lost years of sleep over it.

I am 100% with you on this. I was there that night and the banner really irritated me. Who the hell were they, nobodies from 250 miles south, to be going to the trouble of printing a flag to ridicule us. I’ve hated them ever since.
Exactly that. Who the hell were they? Nobodies.

If they'd just sang "Going down, going down..." It would have been forgotten about, but the premeditated banner was something else.

I don't think of them often, but when I do, I wish them painful defeat and the worst kind of relegation. I didn't even check their results on their way to the 3rd Division and their time in therr but when I heard them being read out, i was very happy when they were beaten, and I hoped for the 4th Division and National League purgatory for them.

I never wished that on Luton after '83. Didn't like them as a club but didn't feel anywhere near the same that I feel towards Ipswich even though the 83 relegation hurt deeply. Luton just did what they had to do to survive and I have met a few of their fans over the years who were happy to get out of Moss Side alive! No antipathy towards us, just relief and a happy memory for them that they weren't particularly obnoxious about (David Pleat apart).

Last edited:
I was living abroad at the time of the banner and never saw it.

Always used to have a soft spot for Ipswich since the days of Bobby Robson with Muhren and Thjissen. They used to play pretty good football and it made a great change from Liverpool.
Me too, I lived there for a year in the mid 70’s and went to quite a few of their home games. They had a great team in those days. I still hope we batter them today though

We are not cooking yet.

However I hope we smash them and their tractor transport is diverted via Plymouth on their way home.

Lightweight, small time, small town wallahs !!

There will only ever be one banner that City fans should get fucked off about. It was there for years and years until we shoved it up their arse.

A banner from a little club in Suffolk means absolutely fuck all other than a bit of banter towards who they saw as a giant club going down the shitter.

It’s quite disturbing how some have lost years of sleep over it.
If you find it disturbing then don't upset yourself by reading this thread! Quite simple really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.