You're the weakest link...goodbye

Bastards every last one. Charlton Athletic seem to get the easier ride out of our rivals from that time, though I will never forget the child faced Jonatan Johansson. But Charlton weren't making cunty banners.

I was 10 at the time of that relegation and stood in the sea the summer after in Devon, in my underpants, arguing with a similarly aged Ipswich fan. Should have drowned him really.

Charlton and Ipswich clubs and fans were all over each other like a rash. Charlton players went out on the piss after their promotion was confirmed and faced Ipswich next game which they promptly lost after a half arsed performance.
I remember that vividly - because everyone was dishing it out at the time that we'd been celebrating promotion after out Friday night game against Birmingham. We did nothing of the kind - we invaded the pitch because it was the last game of the season at Maine Road - the carrot munching inbreds were probably still working themselves up into a frenzy about that a year later.

I remember that vividly - because everyone was dishing it out at the time that we'd been celebrating promotion after out Friday night game against Birmingham. We did nothing of the kind - we invaded the pitch because it was the last game of the season at Maine Road - the carrot munching inbreds were probably still working themselves up into a frenzy about that a year later.

I was at our last game against Blackburn. I had to buy a ticket for their end as ours was sold out. They were all singing, "Too soon, you started celebrating too soon!" Thank God we won.

My thoughts entirely. Fuck em all. Hopefully we can stuff Luton this season in the league and the others in the Cup.
We’re scheduled to play Luton on 13th April. We might be able to get revenge!

That's exactly as I remember it. It was as because it was the last home game. I knew we'dhave work to do after that. Ipshit are beyond the pale for me and i'm not keen on Charlton either to be totally Frank.

I might struggle to recall petty grievances against non-entities unworthy of my attention but I certainly remember this golden moment in our history.
To be fair Ipswich were the best team in the country at that time, that was a huge win for us.

To be fair Ipswich were the best team in the country at that time, that was a huge win for us.
That's undeniable. When I talked about 'non-entities unworthy of my attention...' it was a reference to those few Ipswich fans responsible for a single banner that appears to be the source of anger for some blues over 20 years later!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.