Zaba makes the PFA Team of the Year

As this is the PFA team maybe there should be a game similar to all star games where this team takes on another in aid of charity, probably one of those that the PFA endorses, for example for an injured player fund.

Who would they play?

*an England select
*GB select from the national teams (Scots will probably object again
*Winning prem manager select team or the Premier League Champions (who will have charity shield the week after, but hey, it's a friendly bringing them up to fitness)
*Sportswriters team (There's already a sportswriters award so similar but without the PFA players)
*TV & radio pundits team, don't know who will be the manager but we know that some of the pundits are out of work managers.

samharris said:
Joe should be keeper,hes conceeded less ffs.

Logic says it shouldn't always work like that.

I'm actually more surprised about Rio's inclusion, than De Gea's, for the simple reason that defensively, United haven't been brilliant this season.

The real reason United have coasted to the league is down to their clinicalness infront of goal and the form of RVP. Defensively, they've been opened up on countless occasions, especially compared to City, so it comes as no surprise to me that De Gea has conceded a few more than Hart.

I would expect De Gea to keep more clean sheets if he had a defence of Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic & Clichy in front of him in the same way I would expect Hart to keep less clean sheets if he had a defence of Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic & Evra in front of him.

Premier League
De Gea has made 27 appearances
Hart has made 34 appearances

De Gea makes 3.07 saves per game
Hart makes 1.79 saves per game

De Gea concedes 0.93 goals per game
Hart concedes 0.91 goals per game

All competitions
De Gea has made 40 appearances
Hart has made 40 appearances

De Gea makes 3.33 saves per game
Hart makes 2.35 saves per game

De Gea concedes 1.03 goals per game
Hart concedes 1.05 goals per game

Stats-wise (whilst I appreciate isn't the be all and end all) show that in all competitions, whilst De Gea has had much more work to do, he's actually conceded less goals. In the Premier League alone, Hart has a marginally better goals conceded per game ratio than De Gea, albeit having less to do that De Gea.

It's the Rio inclusion that's baffled me more than De Gea's.

Presumably the 4 Utd players - De Gea,Ferdinand, Carrick, RVP - have been United's star players this season. Can someone tell me how much they cost? Over £100 million? And people are still saying that City "bought the League title". But when did logic ever get in the way of lazy reporting?

According to OPTA stats weeo has only conceded 7 fouls all season.

mat said:
According to OPTA stats weeo has only conceded 7 fouls all season.

Only because by the time he knows what the fuck is going on the player has run 20 yards past him and he's too slow to catch up.

LoveCity said:
Doo doo doo!

De Gea; Zabaleta, Ferdinand, Vertonghen, Baines; Mata, Carrick; Hazard, Bale; Suarez, Van Persie.

Taken from Twitter.

Carrick > Yaya.

No Way!

Had the vote taken place now, I think Kompany and Yaya would have been in but at the time Kompany may have been injured and Yaya was not in the best form early on.

I can understand De Gea being ahead of Joe now. He really has had an impressive end to the season, but to my mind Begovic and Mignolet have had better seasons. And still question marks over how he deals with crosses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.