Zabaleta - Assistant manager of Albania (P14)

Hard to put into words how zabba made me feel.
Never tge best player ever.
But he gave everything.
He was and always will be one of us..which is unusual for a foreign player.
A but like uwe.
I'd love him to be a coach at City.
But always worry about a hero been a manger cos one day it goes wrong for a manger and he either leaves or gets sacked.
Its sad to think really tge connection we had with vinny zabba David silva and to some extent segio.
Somehow I feel that with the current players..apart from foden.
As amazing as kev is..I dont like hes one of us.

Hard to put into words how zabba made me feel.
Never tge best player ever.
But he gave everything.
He was and always will be one of us..which is unusual for a foreign player.
A but like uwe.
I'd love him to be a coach at City.
But always worry about a hero been a manger cos one day it goes wrong for a manger and he either leaves or gets sacked.
Its sad to think really tge connection we had with vinny zabba David silva and to some extent segio.
Somehow I feel that with the current players..apart from foden.
As amazing as kev is..I dont like hes one of us.
I wonder if you feel like that as KdB doesn't grab at his shirt like the players you've mentioned. I can't remember Silva doing it that much, so why is he "one of us" any more than Kev ain't...?

Workload is similar, the drive is, both are quite aloof, but business-like with the focus.

It's not a knock as I'm genuinely interested in what makes a 'legend' to some.

I wonder if you feel like that as KdB doesn't grab at his shirt like the players you've mentioned. I can't remember Silva doing it that much, so why is he "one of us" any more than Kev ain't...?

Workload is similar, the drive is, both are quite aloof, but business-like with the focus.

Doesn’t answer your question one bit - but it’s the intangibles. He ‘got’ us. We ‘got’ him.

One of my top 5 city players of all time.

Don't know.
Cant explain it..to me david silva is and always will be different.
Hes simply the best player I've seen play for city.
The others zqbba vinny etc yes they wore there heart on there sleeve..and that help to connect them to the fans..
Don't get me wrong kev is a truly world class player .
Easily the best in the league.
Far better than zabba.
But for some reason I felt something more about zabba.
Maybe its just me

I honestly think there will always be an attachment to the players of that 11/12 team that is unique to them... It's not necessarily rational or logical but other players could stay 10 years and cement incredible legacies at the club, and a lot of fans may not feel the same type of sentimental attachment to them. It's just one of those things, doesn't mean those newer players aren't loved and respected too. It's just a testiment to how special that first title winning group of players were for a lot of fans.

Yep, it was his wife who disliked Manchester to begin with , she didn't like english food or the weather either at the time too ... but she admitted that she eventually grew to love the place, and the food!

View attachment 3931

I will never get my head around foreigners complaining about food in the UK. Weather I get but food?

We have every type food/restaurant in the world, thousands and thousands of them and high quality supermarkets sourcing the best food from around the world.

If you can’t enjoy the food over here then you shouldn’t be eating Beans with Sausages on Bimbo bread 3 times a day!

I'll remember him most his last game for us, a great send off for a great guy, hard but fair. When I got in the car to go home, my sd card music player played don't look back in anger.

Hope he has a great retirement, in this shit time I don't hope he returns soon, I hope he takes his family home or wherever they want to be, and enjoys his life with them, he owes us nothing, he gave it all already.

If he wants to return some day he'll get a hero's welcome.

When he first came I thought he was an accident waiting to happen in most games, but he became so reliable after a season.

I will never get my head around foreigners complaining about food in the UK. Weather I get but food?

We have every type food/restaurant in the world, thousands and thousands of them and high quality supermarkets sourcing the best food from around the world.

If you can’t enjoy the food over here then you shouldn’t be eating Beans with Sausages on Bimbo bread 3 times a day!
She "grew to love it", but when he arrived in 2008 Manchester wasn't what it is now food wise, nothing like it.

Proper cheered me up this thread. Been a lot of doom and gloo on this forum recently, loads of bickering on lots of threads so it's nice to see everyone in total agreement on what a man Pablo was for us.
Even all the replies on the twitter video were universally praising him. Not one bad word or snide comment.
He leaves the footbal world a poorer place and I'm eternally grateful he signed for us and gave us his best years.
Thanks for the memories, enjoy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.