Zabaleta has 'agreed to join West Ham'

Sad news, all good things come to an end though, i wish him the very best at West Ham. More than that i hope he comes right back to Manchester after he retires to work for the club. It would almost be as stupid as Arsenal letting big Patrick walk away to us if we didn't make efforts to get him here after.

At one point he was the best in the world and he was plying his trade with us when he was, probably my favourite city player ever.

Good luck and come right back!

As I said, Guardiola has already stated that he couldn't give Maffeo enough game time with both Zaba and Sagna at the club. He's right as well, you can't freeze out a popular senior pro without causing problems in the dressing room. You're suggesting that we continue dragging out that problem.

So Pep doesn't mind fucking off hart and nasri or freezing Yaya out, but he wouldn't just tell sagna or zab they weren't in his plans for fear they may sulk he doesnt come across as the kinda guy who would care.

Not that it matters we have 9 games left and at least one cup game, whats gone on this season is what it is and on the whole been satisfying.
I hope Zab plays the rest of the games and if he goes good luck to him, I hope one day he comes back to us in some capacity.

Next season is a new generation of fullbacks and we carry on.

So Pep doesn't mind fucking off hart and nasri or freezing Yaya out, but he wouldn't just tell sagna or zab they weren't in his plans for fear they may sulk he doesnt come across as the kinda guy who would care.
That's the whole point - he fucked off Hart and Nasri rather than have them stinking up the dressing room. Zaba chose to stay and fight for his place for the final year of his contract.

As for Yaya, that wasn't ideal but tbh it probably had to be done,can't recall Zaba or Sagna taking the piss out of the club or manager in public on many occasions, whether through an intermediary or not.

As you said though, we need to move on to the next generation of full backs, tbh Zaba is the only one I'll be sorry to see go.

He's played midfielders in that position only when both right backs have been unavailable, Maffeo went on loan because he needed more time on the pitch than the 5 or so games this has happened in.

He hasn't, he's been turned inside out by pretty much every winger with a bit of pace.

This is a good point but not if we take it to the stage that the rags or Milan did (as we're close to doing now) where we completely neglect the future of the squad in favour of keeping the same old tired players. If we're keeping players for this role I'd rather it be players that can still be trusted to play at the highest level - Silva and Aguero.
How many times have we seen Zaba win the ball one-on-one against world class wingers, and when the winger has pace he just steers him away from goal. And on those overlaps, he's the one player you can rely on to deliver a cross at the right height, pace and accuracy. Genuinely world class. Genuinely a legend. He'll get the best reception a returning player has ever had.

Tiatto to West Ham was supposed to be a done deal in summer 2001, but then Redknapp was sacked and he stayed another 3 years.

it's a love affair it's hard to let go of Vinny and Zabba, there's a permanent place in our hearts.

make this happen, run your old legs off lads.

win the fa cup on your way out x

Last edited:
Surely all our heroes will get the send off they deserve in our last home game this season.
YaYa and Zabba it's going to be emotional.

Give it rest. Zabba was going roma last year but pep told him to stay!
Are you telling me Zab has been pushing to leave the club since last year? I don't believe it! Zab, like Hart and Vinny loves the club are as long as they are being selected regularly, IMO none of them would ask to move on. In truth I suspect Pep wants to bring in his own players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.