Zabaleta Here For the Long Run

The Fat el Hombre

Good stuff:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...city/s/1105541_zaba_praise_for_wrightphillips

PABLO Zabaleta has praised Blues star Shaun Wright-Phillips for helping him settle quickly into the City team.

The versatile Argentinian right back - who has been used in the holding midfield role of late - admits Wright-Phillips is a huge help to the defence.

"I enjoy playing with Shaun so much because he makes life easier for the full-back," said Zabaleta, who was named Blues player of the month for January.

"He is very quick, works all the time and helps me on the pitch which is important. The winger must help the full back or there will be problems.

"He is a top player and has helped me settle in well. I like to get forward too, and when I do, I know he will be covering for me. Hopefully we have developed a bit of an understanding even if we have both played in different positions at times.

"I am used being moved around the team in Spain and Argentina. I can play wherever I need to - midfield is no problem and it adds to the experience of my first season here. Right-back is my natural position but I have no problem in midfield even if it means a different workload. I enjoy it.

"It is the first season for me in England and that is always the hardest at any club abroad. I hope to be even better next year when the number of games, the intensity of the games and their frequency, the training, and the opposition - and language - will not be new to me.

"I want to be at City for a long time, and if international recognition comes with that, then perfect."

Fantastic news, up there with SWP, Ned, Dunney and Stevie as my favourite player. Glad he's in it for the long run, more players with his attitude and commitment are the sort of players we need to become successful and a real strong force in years to come.

Love him, perhaps not quite good enough for a first team starting place in a top 4 side, but definately good enough to be in the squad at that level, with his versatility and attitude.

Great player...his desire, hunger, work rate, etc...all top class.

Generally I like the Argentinian attitude...players like Mascherano, Tevez, Heinze when he was here, have all shown they can fit into the English way of playing...

Wouldn't mind a few more at our club...

Quality guy and pretty typical of what we can expect from Hughes I reckon.

Apparently, Hughes had run the rule over him whilst he was still Blackburn manager and had him watched for a while.

l think it is always worth taking a players character into consideration when making a signing and this fella has it in abundance. Never seems to get injured either.

der-bomber said:
Apparently, Hughes had run the rule over him whilst he was still Blackburn manager and had him watched for a while.

l think it is always worth taking a players character into consideration when making a signing and this fella has it in abundance. Never seems to get injured either.
Jinxed it now!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.