Zabba

I really didn't expect it to be overturned.

It was a ridiculous decision but after last seasons, "Adebayor having his arm tugged back by stoke player only for stoke player to crumble to the floor clutching face" appeal, I thought we would never see one of our appeals successful.

Justice at last, it should never have been a red card for Zabba in the first place, however, I wonder when City ever got a red card rescinded, I certainly can't remember it happening before can anyone else?

Shouldnt have had to appeal in the first place...we could have won easily in the last 6 mins with 11 v 10.

Just wondering what was it that made the ref so adament to show a red card to Zab before the arsenal player.The way the ref acted, to a neutral he gave the impression that Zab was the guilty party.If Zab hadn't been sent off just the Arsenal lad,how would it have affected Mancini's thinking.We know he took Tevez off,but what if Mancini had taken a mid-field player off and added another forward.I know its mind games but in May if we finish a point adrift,could we be thinking back to yet another ref-cock-up.Just wondering.

bluejean1 said:
Justice at last, it should never have been a red card for Zabba in the first place, however, I wonder when City ever got a red card rescinded, I certainly can't remember it happening before can anyone else?

I think last time was 2005, Onouha in the league cup at Doncaster (tried to avoid his opponent but got sent off) - but it was the referee who rescinded it on seeing the replays (and after with 10 men we'd conceded a late equaliser and went out on penalties). I can't recall one rescinded by the FA.

If it hadnt been rescinded then players in future would have gone down like flies..The FA are not stupid...

well most of the time they are.

FA were cowardly to lift Zabba's red card. He is guilty as well. He insulted Sagna, to which Sagna overreacted. Sagna deserves the red, granted...but Zabba should also retain his red. Insulting and winding up a fellow professional isn't allowed, is it? Read...

Wenger explained: "It's true that Sagna has not been protected. Because he still has pain today in the stomach from the Rio Ferdinand challenge.

"It was a bad challenge. They got away with it, we know that.

"He was not protected. But the referee did not see the Bowyer challenge, and I did not see it at the time either, so you have to accept that. He has been protected after that because he has been punished. Ferdinand has not been punished.

"Maybe he was angry. He apologised and in my opinion rightly so because no matter what happens to you, you always have to master your reactions.

"But you do not always do that because there is an accumulation of incidents that happened to him - look what happened at Birmingham.

"He says he has been insulted by Zabaleta so he over-reacted, which he should not have done because he punishes himself and the Club."

red sun said:
FA were cowardly to lift Zabba's red card. He is guilty as well. He insulted Sagna, to which Sagna overreacted. Sagna deserves the red, granted...but Zabba should also retain his red. Insulting and winding up a fellow professional isn't allowed, is it? Read...

Wenger explained: "It's true that Sagna has not been protected. Because he still has pain today in the stomach from the Rio Ferdinand challenge.

"He was not protected. But the referee did not see the Bowyer challenge, and I did not see it at the time either, so you have to accept that. He has been protected after that because he has been punished. Ferdinand has not been punished.

"Maybe he was angry. He apologised and in my opinion rightly so because no matter what happens to you, you always have to master your reactions.

"But you do not always do that because there is an accumulation of incidents that happened to him - look what happened at Birmingham.

"He says he has been insulted by Zabaleta so he over-reacted, which he should not have done because he punishes himself and the Club."

Shut up ya nonce

red sun said:

Even Charlie Nicholas said said a was a stupid statement to make and Sagna should man up and stop acting like a 7 year old!!

FantasyIreland said:
red sun said:

Shut up ya nonce

See how easy it is to overreact. I'm sure if I was next to you, you would stick your forehead in my face.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.