Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sun & Daily Mail today

MANCHESTER CITY have made a bold move for AC Milan’s £25m-rated striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Boss Roberto Mancini will pay the Swedish superstar £300,000 a week.

That will easily make him the highest paid player in the Premier League, dwarfing even City midfielder Yaya Toure’s £250,000-a-week deal.

But, incredibly, Ibrahimovic, 30, has asked for time to consider the move.

It is Mancini’s second attempt to bring the ex-Barcelona, Juventus and Inter Milan striker to The Eithad and this time he is determined to succeed.

Mancini signed Ibrahimovic while at Inter Milan for £22m in 2006.

And now he is ready to break the bank to capture the 6ft 5ins forward by offering a massive signing-on fee, huge bonuses and lucrative image rights — as well as that staggering weekly wage.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...490&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ester-City-target-25m-Zlatan-Ibrahimovic.html

6874256623_384ca269e3.jpg

sam-caddick said:
Well overrated IMO
No one who's seen Ibra play enough to be capable of having an opinion calls him overrated.

He's top 3 in the world.

I rate Ibra very high, not only because I'm Swedish. A big winner with incredibly good attitude both on and off the pitch, a no nonsens player. He is also desperate to win the Champions League and would do anything to get there.

Can't see this being true. If City want to sustained success. Going for expensive soon to be 31 year old footballers isn't the way.

I think Mancini and the club knows this and i trust them fully not to make a mistake like this.

BlueCityfan said:
Can't see this being true. If City want to sustained success. Going for expensive soon to be 31 year old footballers isn't the way.

I think Mancini and the club knows this and i trust them fully not to make a mistake like this.

While this is true, I wonder how much this is offset by the indirect commercial value a player of extreme high profile like Ibra has? Shirt sales, facebook 'likes' and other social media attention, sponsorship, image rights etc. Admittedly I don't know about the precise value of that stuff and what exactly benefits City rather than just the player, but I'd be interested.

Beljavski said:
I rate Ibra very high, not only because I'm Swedish. A big winner with incredibly good attitude both on and off the pitch, a no nonsens player. He is also desperate to win the Champions League and would do anything to get there.

you are right to rate him, he is an incredible player. missed the boat with us perhaps but would have been a great signing once.

anyone doubt him you tube his top ten goals.

southern muppet said:
While this is true, I wonder how much this is offset by the indirect commercial value a player of extreme high profile like Ibra has? Shirt sales, facebook 'likes' and other social media attention, sponsorship, image rights etc. Admittedly I don't know about the precise value of that stuff and what exactly benefits City rather than just the player, but I'd be interested.

Milan have increased their revenue from sponsors by 15% since Ibra came. In a shitty economic climate. He's also had the best selling shirt.

However, I don't think there is another player in the world you'll know exactly what you get when you buy him. Ibra has won the league 9 times in last 11 years, in 3 countries and 5 clubs. He's a guarantee for success. At least domestically. The lack of CL glory isn't all to blame on him though. It takes a complete team to win CL, and except for the year in Barca, he hasn't had that.
Mancini knows exactly what he'll get. A leader, a top scorer, a playmaker and a person the fans will love. Yes, you will. Just wait.

sam-caddick said:
Well overrated IMO - He is 30 as well and wants 300k a week! Hahaha!

If Mancini gets him its for Balotelli, Mario thinks he is the best in the world and dreams of playing along side him so I can see it being part of almost a present to Mario basically meaning shut up, here is what you wanted now work on your football!

Ibra along with RVP is on my do not buy list, too old, wage demands are rjdiculous plus we need a long term more youthfull approach to playets!

His record against English teams is sooooo poor as well!
6 times serie a winner(3 dif teams)
La liga winner
Serie a footballer of the year 3 or 4 times and top scorer twice..
And in europes team of the year twice..

I think i know where your coming from though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.