Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given what Bobby has done to bring this squad close together as a unit I really think that zlatan's ego would rock the boat way too much - his record is great but the possibility of hurting team spirit is much too big a risk for me

BringBackSwales said:
Given what Bobby has done to bring this squad close together as a unit I really think that zlatan's ego would rock the boat way too much - his record is great but the possibility of hurting team spirit is much too big a risk for me
Thats not what his fellow milan players have gone out ansd said this week.

You cant have enough leaders and winners in your team, just look at Liverpool most pathetic group of midtable losers in the league, and their mentality reflect their 8ah place.

Look at chelsea, Terry,Lempard and Drogba they are leaders.

I only see one true leader in our team Kompany maybe two with Yaya. If we can get one more strong character with great mentality and leader skills now when Patric is no longer playing, that can only be a good thing when we are out of form.

Look at united. quite average team for their standards, but what they do have is, Leaders and winners mentality like Ferdinand,Evra,Rooney,scholes,Giggs half their point telly comes from this.

You can se the difference between Micah he though we lost it! but Balotelli told him NO, we will win. thats the mentality we want! its a reason Balotelli have been at his best in the big games where we needed someone to step up!!

Its a reason Mancini always goes on with the mentality thing

BringBackSwales said:

I just cannot see that happening. Zlatan doesn't have an history of hurting team spirit in the clubs he has played for. Even in Barcelona, the only problem was between him and Pep, he got along quite well with the other players.

An exception is the tension between him and Van der Vaart when they both played for Ajax. They were both up and coming and wanted to be the stars in the club which resulted in some friction. This was however almost 10 years ago, and Zlatan has matured quite a bit since then (Ajax won the league that year as well so it probably didn't damage the club in a significant way).

Mancini probably knows this better than any of us however. If he wants Ibra to City I am certain he is certain that it won't stir any problems within the team.

tommcfc said:
Firstly, I never mentioned zeven's country of birth, so not sure why that's been brought up, didn't even know he was sweedish.
I said i thought Ibrahimovic was too old which, at 31, he is. I also said I think he's overrated because he chokes in the big games and fails to deliver when it really matters.He's never won the champions league and his goal scoring rate in the champions league isn't as good as his league form, backing up my argument that he chokes in the big matches.

This is a very fair point as well; I've seen a lot of Zlatan in Serie A and he's been great. Like many I've also seen him in big CL games and international games where he has often failed to deliver. I think this is why a lot of people don't rate him; they see him only in the big games and when he doesn't deliver, they assume he's overrated.

Settled and in his comfort zone, he's a hell of a player no doubt, but if he came for big money and didn't settle either into our squad or the Premier League in general, it would be a disaster. And as mentioned with him turning 31 this year, we're not going to be able to afford to give him a season to settle.

I personally think we're in a position now to build a squad that can last; for similar reasons I wouldn't have taken Drogba when we had the option a couple of seasons ago, but I appreciate not everyone shares that view.

But hey, if he comes hopefully he'll do the business! But I won't be losing any sleep if he doesn't.

zeven said:
Seosa said:
Zeven only wants Ibra because he's Swedish, let him carry on ranting with himself.
Thats is just so lame and stupid. Why on earth would i want that?

I want whats best for the team NOTHING ELS. There is NO other Swedish player i want here, and i dont want to spend 25+ millions on him i would only approve this deal if one off our players goes the other way. oh and i didnt want him first time.

Seriously if that your best arguement against me, than frankly you can .... off because you question my loyality to city with that comment.

PS. im swedish by nationality, but only lived there half my life. I DONT FEEL very swedish, if city were to meet Sweden in a final, i would still support city all the way.

Zlatan is just a very good footballer and if Tevez or Yaya were to leave, Zlatan would be the one to replace them IMO

The chances of us meeting Sweden in a final are nil mate. Zlatan a replacement for YaYa ? I'd go for Dani Alves :)

Davs 19 said:
zeven said:
Seosa said:
Zeven only wants Ibra because he's Swedish, let him carry on ranting with himself.
Thats is just so lame and stupid. Why on earth would i want that?

I want whats best for the team NOTHING ELS. There is NO other Swedish player i want here, and i dont want to spend 25+ millions on him i would only approve this deal if one off our players goes the other way. oh and i didnt want him first time.

Seriously if that your best arguement against me, than frankly you can .... off because you question my loyality to city with that comment.

PS. im swedish by nationality, but only lived there half my life. I DONT FEEL very swedish, if city were to meet Sweden in a final, i would still support city all the way.

Zlatan is just a very good footballer and if Tevez or Yaya were to leave, Zlatan would be the one to replace them IMO

The chances of us meeting Sweden in a final are nil mate. Zlatan a replacement for YaYa ? I'd go for Dani Alves :)
I know that will never happen, i just wanted to make my point absolutly clear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.