Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm when I first saw this thread I was going to point to this video as a reason why I'll be skeptical but after re watching it, it doesn't seem that bad. I guess when i watched the game back then the commentators made a bigger deal of it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXPSNnLAUZc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXPSNnLAUZc</a>

jonmcity said:
cleav said:
i'm beginning to wonder if ibrahimovic slept with some of the forum members' female relatives. the unfounded underrating of his abilities is insane in here! the guy is extremely intense...very few people that possess the competitiveness to be the best at what they do are "likable" people. the guy won 8 CONSECUTIVE league titles on four different teams in three different leagues. this guy is an absolute beast. at the price he'd go for, i'd take him on a three year contract over any of these other strikers we've been discussing. and to say that he's inferior to dzeko....nevermind, i'm not going to take the bait.

Good post i agree

Zlatan would in my humble opinion fit perfectly in.

First he is Balotelli´s hero, and could be a mentor for him.
Imagine this, zlatan bombarding goals for fun, and when he gets too old we have a player with endless talent ready too take over with exactly the same attributes.

He is a world class Dzeko, and would add more winner mentality too the team.

The perfect transfer up front if u ask me would be.

Tevez + 5-10mil --> Zlatan
Dzeko 20-22mil too Bayern
Guidetti playing as 4th striker

Attack would be Zlatan + Aguero
Bench Balotelli + Guidetti

Ibra is one of the world's best strikers and it's no coincidence that he is a serial title winner. He'd be a great partner for Aguero. In a FFPR world, his age and salary are the big issue.

Sheriff Fatman said:
cleav said:
i'm beginning to wonder if Dzeko slept with some of the forum members' female relatives.

They're both top notch strikers when played correctly but the above could equally apply. One of them will be a top striker for a couple of years, the other for a long time afterwards.

Dzeko may be a top notch striker, Ibra though is on another level.. its like comparing an Audi with a Lamborghini..

One of best strikers of last decade, maybe even the best. Drogba is only that has as much in his game. People who don't rate Ibrahimovic don't have a clue about football.

Should he be a target for City now? Not sure, he doesn't have resale value anymore, it's too late to spend big money on him.

southern muppet said:
OB1 said:
Ibra is one of the world's best strikers and it's no coincidence that he is a serial title winner. He'd be a great partner for Aguero. In a FFPR world, his age and salary are the big issue.

Very quickly becomes a non-issue if he wins us the Champions League.

That's the future but you can't take decisions with hindsight and Ibra can't guarantee the club a particular increase in revenue. Therefore, if you want to comply with FFPR, you have to take a careful look at the costs involved and the fact that you are going to sink a lot of money into a player that won't have much resale value. So it is an issue; whereas I don't think his ability to improve the squad / team is an issue.

Would I replace Dzeko with Ibra? Hell yes.

Not every player we buy needs to have an optimal resale value, hence our "interest" in Zlatan and RvP.

To win the chumps we need an old head with big experience and either of these two would add that vital element to our squad.

If Dzeko gets sold then I reckon Zlatan will be the man for us.

We could give him a 4 year deal, get 2 seasons out of him and still get some money back by moving him on at 31 years old.

Awesome player.

MSP said:
Not every player we buy needs to have an optimal resale value, hence our "interest" in Zlatan and RvP.

Agree with line that not every player needs to have resale value but I don't like big money being spent on players without resale value.
I do when it's not mine...... I approve ;o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.