Zlatan...

GoForGlory said:
I hate this shit. Why should Ibrahimovic have to prove himself so much against English opposition for him to be world class? Silly really.

Love Mourinho and Inter, but at the moment the rags are stronger I'm afraid. At least Zlatan isn't playing with an injury like he was last year against Liverpool, so we could see him at his best. (Even though Mourinho insisted on playing a very strong side in the weekend, Ibra got a knock and I was really worried for a while but he should be alright.

Can't wait for tonight!

I love Zlatan. As far as I'm concerned, he is the most naturally-gifted player around since Zidane retired. His attitude seems to have improved since Mourinho has gotten hold of him; it seems like he's more liable nowadays to really stamp his authority on a game.

GoForGlory said:
I hate this shit. Why should Ibrahimovic have to prove himself so much against English opposition for him to be world class? Silly really.

Love Mourinho and Inter, but at the moment the rags are stronger I'm afraid. At least Zlatan isn't playing with an injury like he was last year against Liverpool, so we could see him at his best. (Even though Mourinho insisted on playing a very strong side in the weekend, Ibra got a knock and I was really worried for a while but he should be alright.

Can't wait for tonight!

Mate. I'm not saying he needs to perform against English opposition. My point is lots are people are not convinced about this guy. For him or any other player to really show he is world class they need to perform at the highest level. He needs to show everyone he can do it in the Champs League in top games. The lad is top quality no doubt about it but he also goes missing in important games. I feel tonight is his night.

I was discussing him today, and said I'd never really been impressed from the games I've seen him play in, although granted that is not many. Although people who watch him regularly and people in the game that know a hell of a lot more than me say he is class. I just hope to see some of this tonight.

vincent said:
Mate. I'm not saying he needs to perform against English opposition. My point is lots are people are not convinced about this guy. For him or any other player to really show he is world class they need to perform at the highest level. He needs to show everyone he can do it in the Champs League in top games. The lad is top quality no doubt about it but he also goes missing in important games. I feel tonight is his night.

Agreed he can disappear a bit sometimes but I haven't really seen that for a while. He's always heavily marked anyway (I fear that c*nt taggart has it as part of his tactics to try and injure him tonight) but he really can win matches. I'm hoping tonight is his night, but who knows. Inter are more of a threat now though with Adriano in form as well, two great and huge forwards.

BingoBango said:
I love Zlatan. As far as I'm concerned, he is the most naturally-gifted player around since Zidane retired. His attitude seems to have improved since Mourinho has gotten hold of him; it seems like he's more liable nowadays to really stamp his authority on a game.

I really like Mourinho but I really haven't noticed a change in attitude with Zlatan, he's really had the right winning mentality for a couple of years now. But Mourinho can bring out the best in people and they'll no doubt be prepared for tonight.

GoForGlory said:
Agreed he can disappear a bit sometimes but I haven't really seen that for a while. He's always heavily marked anyway (I fear that c*nt taggart has it as part of his tactics to try and injure him tonight) but he really can win matches. I'm hoping tonight is his night, but who knows. Inter are more of a threat now though with Adriano in form as well, two great and huge forwards.

It happened this time last year against Liverpool. He was awful in both games and those are the type of games he needs to produce it in.

vincent said:
GoForGlory said:

It happened this time last year against Liverpool. He was awful in both games and those are the type of games he needs to produce it in.

To be fair, during the Liverpool leg he was still suffering from his long term injury. Not the best games to draw conclusions from.

vincent said:
GoForGlory said:

Like I said he was injured in those matches. Mancini had to gamble a bit by playing him since he was still the best option (and obviously wanted to play), but he wasn't 100%.

GoForGlory said:
vincent said:
GoForGlory said:

Like I said he was injured in those matches. Mancini had to gamble a bit by playing him since he was still the best option (and obviously wanted to play), but he wasn't 100%.

Ok, Im with you on this anyway as I'm always telling people who doubt him that the lad is pure class.

His playing style is just as lazy as Berbatov but one thing everyone cannot argue is that they both have a great first touch and intelligence on all round playing especially their silky passing. It would be one of the good football brains competition tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.